Openbox V5S Scrambled - Please Help!

Rooboo

Hi All,

I'm new to all this so please bear with me! I bought an Openbox V5S with 24 mth gift 3 weeks ago, I've been using it with a wifi dongle and all was good for the 1st week but since then all paid channels come up as Scrambled after the box has been on about an hour and a red ND shows up on the screen - its green when it works. All free view channels work fine. Server in network settings displays messages of online/offline/login at different times. I contacted my server provider and he provided a new server but still scrambled. I thought maybe it was the wifi was dropping so went and bought an Ethernet cable today, hooked it up and it worked perfect for about an hour and now all paid channels are displaying a scrambled message again but my server is online and has the green tick. I'm so confused and frustrated, I thought the Ethernet cable would fix it and my only option now is to return the box. Can anyone provide any info on what this may be and if there is a way to fix it? I really don't want to be without tv over christmas! Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I got a test server line for 24hrs to see if it would work with a different server so I could switch but same scrambled msg on all the pay channels? I think it may just be a dodgy box, it's the only thing I can think of at this stage?

I got a test server line for 24hrs to see if it would work with a different server so I could switch but same scrambled msg on all the pay channels? I think it may just be a dodgy box, it's the only thing I can think of at this stage?

have you updated all the channels and done a blind search?

have you connected one cable to the lnb and connected ethernet?

make sure dhcp is on under network settings

unplug everything reboot router and plug everything back in.

make sure you have put your line as newcamd if N: line ccam if C: line.

Yep, DHCP is on and everything rebooted and connected properly. I've been advised not to do a channel update as could brick the box and then would have no comeback with the seller on any type of refund. If my broadband was really slow (currently 3mg and in the process of upgrading to fiber broadband of max 50mg) could this cause the issue?

if you delete all channels first then do a channel update then blind scan you should be fine.

if its really slow then possibility that will cause it but you only need a low mbp to run them and to receive channels.

what type of line have you got N: line or C: line ?

I wouldn,t of said it was speed if you say in your first post that it was working for your first week?

Am kind of in the same boat, My line seems to have gone offline.
Had one I got with box 12 moth gift which lasted a week then got another which lasted just short of two months.
Looks like am now on the look out for another line?

Back