Openbox V8S freezing when plugged into dish

sepyh

Hi guys,

I really need a bit of help trying to get my Openbox V8S working again - i've only had it a few days and today I noticed it was frozen, so thought OK it happends sometimes, i'll just reset the box, so I reset it, goes to 100%, Openbox logo appears, TV channel comes on for 1 second with picture then freezes completely, I reset again and it does the same thing. This ONLY happends if its plugged into the sat dish, if I unplug the dish, it works, as soon as I plug it back in again, the picture comes on and it freezes.

Anyone know wtf is wrong with it? I've tried putting on some new firmware but exactly the same.

Could it be channel list related?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Thanks for reply. I've checked that and it's fine - I've had that on an F5S before and it just cycles LOAD and doesn't even manage to fully boot, however this box does fully boot and a picture is being displayed with audio for about 1 second before freezing.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Is there a USB stick plugged in? If so then unplug and try, can you try another power supply? As these can be faulty too. Can you try just the box on someone else's set up to rule out the box being faulty?
It does sound like the outer insulation(braiding) is touching your inner wire, although the heavy rain can cause a short in your sat cable.....

Is there a USB stick plugged in? If so then unplug and try, can you try another power supply? As these can be faulty too. Can you try just the box on someone else's set up to rule out the box being faulty?
It does sound like the outer insulation(braiding) is touching your inner wire, although the heavy rain can cause a short in your sat cable.....

Hey, thanks, no USB stick plugged in. I can try another power supply as i've got an F5S box with (i think) the same PSU. I have tried the F5S on the same sat feed and it works fine, so i'm thinking I can rule out anything sat feed related as it would surely do the same or similar on the F5S box. The other thing is that i've now realised is that if the SAT is plugged in and the box is not on a working channel it does not crash, but as soon as you put it onto a working channel (eg BBC1) it crashes after 1 second of picture / audio. Very strange :/

Hey, thanks, no USB stick plugged in. I can try another power supply as i've got an F5S box with (i think) the same PSU. I have tried the F5S on the same sat feed and it works fine, so i'm thinking I can rule out anything sat feed related as it would surely do the same or similar on the F5S box. The other thing is that i've now realised is that if the SAT is plugged in and the box is not on a working channel it does not crash, but as soon as you put it onto a working channel (eg BBC1) it crashes after 1 second of picture / audio. Very strange :/

You symptoms sound exactly the same as some F5s owners had (although their boxes worked for around 10 seconds before freezing). It was caused by the LAN tool corrupting a couple of files (constant.cw & CCcam.cfg). You need to use the LAN tool to overwrite these 2 files with blank ones.

Have a read of this thread (the solution is from post #25):-

SKYBOX F5S Freezing

Last edited:
This is my exact issue.

The network LAN tool was used, the box locked up and had to be unplugged.
I guess this caused the corruption. Now to try and find valid version of the files you mention!

Can some one help me? I have a f5s box witch works ok, very little freezing, the signal quality normally sits around 68/74%, I also have a v8s box which I've only had a couple of days, but I it freezes quite often, I'm not using the same server as the f5s but I'm told the server I'm using is very good, I've notice that the signal quality on the v8s sits in the 50's% and very rearly goes above 60% especially when watching Ss chanels, and wen I press the info button on the remote at the bottom where it says Mgcamd, that disappears when it freezes, what could this be down to?
pm me if you need to

Can some one help me? I have a f5s box witch works ok, very little freezing, the signal quality normally sits around 68/74%, I also have a v8s box which I've only had a couple of days, but I it freezes quite often, I'm not using the same server as the f5s but I'm told the server I'm using is very good, I've notice that the signal quality on the v8s sits in the 50's% and very rearly goes above 60% especially when watching Ss chanels, and wen I press the info button on the remote at the bottom where it says Mgcamd, that disappears when it freezes, what could this be down to?
pm me if you need to

I'm having the same problem! SNR % is at 63 currently but freezes so often that can't even watch a programme.
If i press OK and start browsing the channel list the show just freezes in the background too.

pm me if you need to

Does it say "scrambled" when the picture freezes?

Try your working line from your F5s box in the V8s to see if that cures the freezing.

Hi I'm having a problem with my open box v8s it loads up fine but stays on the same channel and won't change over with the control in fact I can't do anything with the control Can anyone help me please ?

Hi I'm having a problem with my open box v8s it loads up fine but stays on the same channel and won't change over with the control in fact I can't do anything with the control Can anyone help me please ?

I am having same problem think it is because of the lan tool corrupting file trying to find out how to resolve it from what I read so far think it is using ftp

Hi guys,

I really need a bit of help trying to get my Openbox V8S working again - i've only had it a few days and today I noticed it was frozen, so thought OK it happends sometimes, i'll just reset the box, so I reset it, goes to 100%, Openbox logo appears, TV channel comes on for 1 second with picture then freezes completely, I reset again and it does the same thing. This ONLY happends if its plugged into the sat dish, if I unplug the dish, it works, as soon as I plug it back in again, the picture comes on and it freezes.

Anyone know wtf is wrong with it? I've tried putting on some new firmware but exactly the same.

Could it be channel list related?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks
I had the same problem now second time...can´t remember how solved first...it is something about the SKYBOX F4_F3_M3_LAN_TOOL.EXE and that it puts files in different place in the box

Back