openbox v8s help

Hi everyone. I have a v8 box but my son accidentally deleted everything
Is there a way I can get it all back ?
Or even jus the sports and movies?
Also, I have no laptop so can't download anything I can only do it by the actual v8 box

Any help is greatly appreciated

Can you get Box Nation HD?, if so can I get its coordinates to do it manually ,as it's not on my channel list, thanks.

The HD version is on 12051/27500/V.

It's only on-air during live fights, mainly at weekends. It won't be broadcasting again until 12.45am tomorrow morning (until 7am), so if you want to scan for it, you will need to do it then.

If you miss that, then it's back on-air the following saturday morning from 12.45am to 7am.

Hi everyone. I have a v8 box but my son accidentally deleted everything 
Also, I have no laptop so can't download anything I can only do it by the actual v8 box

Did he just delete the channel list, so that the box displays "noch"?

If so, you might be able to get the channels back by doing a "Factory settings".

Go to menu > tools > factory settings. Ignore the message about erasing all your channels & select "yes". DO NOT select any files in the "Erase Select" pop-up box. Just press the blue button. The screen will go blank for a few seconds. Put box into standby & then back on again. Hopefully your channels will have returned.

You will need to reset a few things afterwards:-

Check summer time is ON
Subtitles will be set to ON
Network Local Settings may be hidden (press 6666)
Volume will be reset to half way
EPG default setting will be "satellite"
If you have your channel list layout set to "three" it will reset back to "whole" in the M/P > GUI config setting.

Thank you so much!!
I have my channels an list back!

But none of my bt sports is working ?
Do u know the codes to put in or where I can find them

Thank you for your help

---------- Post Merged at 12:53 PM ----------

If so, you might be able to get the channels back by doing a "Factory settings".

Go to menu > tools > factory settings. Ignore the message about erasing all your channels & select "yes". DO NOT select any files in the "Erase Select" pop-up box. Just press the blue button. The screen will go blank for a few seconds. Put box into standby & then back on again. Hopefully your channels will have returned.

Check summer time is ON
If you have your channel list layout set to "three" it will reset back to "whole" in the M/P > GUI config setting.

Thank you so much!!
I have my channels an list back!

But none of my bt sports is working ?
Do u know the codes to put in or where I can find them

Thank you for your help

Cheers Kremmen,this is what I have it on, I didn't realise it only played when something was on.
i have BT1, HD on 11597 MHz ,23000 ks V.

Last edited:

Check summer time is ON

hi I have managed to borrow a lap top till tomorrow night, so if anyone knows how to get my bt sports an other sports channels working again can you please let me know what I have to do

thank you for any help given :peace:

hi I have managed to borrow a lap top till tomorrow night, so if anyone knows how to get my bt sports an other sports channels working again can you please let me know what I have to do

thank you for any help given :peace:

When was the last time you installed a channel list? It might need updating.

Have a look in this thread (start at the last post & work back), for the latest channel list. AJ's channel list starts on ch1, CWAITE's channel list follows sky numbering & starts on ch101.

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-...annel-lists-july-august-september-2015-a.html

If you need help installing it, have a look here:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/47720-how-update-your-channel-list-skyboxes.html

hi all, i may need some help. i ebayed my way onto the openbox market installed a new program list via usb and now its stuck on loAd.
i've tried fixing it the old fashioned way (give it a tap and then a shake)but it didn,t help :whacko:
obviously i'm new to all this so i may need some assistance.

i am going in circles. ive rebooted the firmware three times now using the rs232 cable,it works great. last time round i had a list of asian satellite channels?Maybe wrong satellite selected? I then edit channels, delete all and then go to upgrade channel list by usb. file is found (3rd different list incase others corrupt) switch off switch on..... stuck on loAd :fartlight:
i wondering if i can use rs232 cable to load channels

Are there Israeli channels on the v8s?

---------- Post Merged on 14-08-2015 at 12:35 AM ----------

Thanks for posting the user guide! good job (y)

i am going in circles. ive rebooted the firmware three times now using the rs232 cable,it works great. last time round i had a list of asian satellite channels?Maybe wrong satellite selected? I then edit channels, delete all and then go to upgrade channel list by usb. file is found (3rd different list incase others corrupt) switch off switch on..... stuck on loAd :fartlight:
i wondering if i can use rs232 cable to load channels

Read the guide carefully---
You must ensure you are on correct sat to start with.
Use f/w dated 19052015
Format your USB key to FAT32 before use
It's all in the guide.

View attachment dummies guide.rar
Reaper.

I've reloaded the firmware and given up with the channel list. Instead I deleted all channels, rescanned satellite and spent a good while making up a favourite list. All seems good
time will tell how often I need to update. Thanks for all the help, I am now much wiser and may even upgrade the box ....eventually

thats a closed thread Kremmen, after the same myself.

---------- Post Merged at 09:19 AM ----------

thats a closed thread Kremmen, after the same myself.

So if I update the latest channel list from CWaite site will Bt HD just come back on? And will the above channel list put them into sky numbered order like 101 for bbc1 etc! Great site by the way!!!!

Back