Openbox V8S - only certain channels working

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post...

My Openbox V8s was working fine, I have switched it on today and only certain channels are working ( standard 1-5 )

I have an idea what the problem could be, but i may be completely wrong :/

bit hard to explain but here we go...

When i change from channel 5 (105) to sky one (106) the only difference i can see is a drop in the SNR%

The other thing iv'e noticed is that when i go to the channel that doesn't work, at the bottom there is 2 letter ( ND ) and this goes red.

I have updated the channel list but that hasn't fixed it.

any suggestions?

Pic is from google but it shows the ND that i was talking about at the bottom.

$_86.JPG

CHANNEL LIST

Now check for channel list by pressing FAV on remote--if a favourite list appears then great, if not or you want to update [delete old list] download latest one to your pc from aj sat or CWaites, then FORMAT32 a USB key and add the tp_prog.dbs file.Now____to add the list to box. Press Menu on remote, and highlight ''TOOLS''
Select 'Upgrade by USB'
In new window, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'
Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'
A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press yellow button to upgrade.
When finished, exit and reboot box, removing usb key..
: There should now be a completed channel list on your box separated into categories eg 'movies', 'sports' entertainment etc etc
And now you can go to the pub in peace while she watches Eastenders or some womanly progs.
Reaper.

Last edited:
have u updated latest channel list
Ahem---he said he did lol
Try a full reboot of all system. This includes your net and box.
Reaper.

Thank you Reaper, this worked perfectly!

seen as you seem to be the openbox god, i have another question for you...

when i change channel, it tells me what channel i am going onto, but doesn't tell me what programme is on now and next.

if i press MP and then press Channel Information it tells me whats on.

Also if i press EPG, there is nothing in there apart from a list of channels. where it should have what is on now and next is blank.

Thanks again for the advice on the 1st post :)

have u updated latest channel list
Ahem---he said he did lol
Try a full reboot of all system. This includes your net and box.
Reaper.

Thank you Reaper, this worked perfectly!

seen as you seem to be the openbox god, i have another question for you...

when i change channel, it tells me what channel i am going onto, but doesn't tell me what programme is on now and next.

if i press MP and then press Channel Information it tells me whats on.

Also if i press EPG, there is nothing in there apart from a list of channels. where it should have what is on now and next is blank.

Thanks again for the advice on the 1st post :)

To get the 7 day EPG try this mate - Put your USB into back of box then go menu/ system settings/ EPG and time settings/ switch from satellite to internet XMLTV on default setting/ go down to XMLTV setting ok / switch UK to auto press. Red button on remote It will then download to USB

Once done, you'll need to keep your USB in your box for the EPG to work properly and you can also change it to auto update itself. There also appears to be an issue with some of the channels not displaying some of the listings. I don't think there's any fix for that so you'll just have to grin and bear it but its still a decent EPG considering its gratis!

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have tried what you have said but i am unable to get this working.

When i press the red button to update, i get a message that says "EPG decompress failed! Please check disk free volum"

any ideas what this could be?

Cheers

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have tried what you have said but i am unable to get this working.

When i press the red button to update, i get a message that says "EPG decompress failed! Please check disk free volum"

any ideas what this could be?

Cheers

Make sure your box is running the latest firmware

Make sure your box is running the latest firmware[/QUOTE]

hey, thanks again

sorry for been a noob.

how do i do this?[/QUOTE]

If you go to menu-tools-information then read what software version you've got. There'll be a few numbers and letters then a date followed by some more numbers and letters e.g. 2344HD_10_08_2015_06H6 so the date of this firmware is 10/8/15.

I think anything after 19/5/15 is ok

my software version is - 3511HD_07_12_2014_0923

how would i update this?

Download this to your PC

http://www.techkings.org/attachment...1d1433889171-xlmtv-fix-v6-v8-v8-v6-150519.abs

Once downloaded, place into the root of your USB stick and then put this into your openbox.

Then go to menu - tools - upgrade by USB

press down arrow to upgrade file and then press right arrow to change it to the new firmware then scroll down to start and hit YES when prompted.

Firmware should flash to box and itll then reboot itself

Last edited:
OMG THIS BOX!!!

I have come to the box today ( without changing anything ) and i am having the original problem again ( ND goes red and only certain channels working )

I tried the steps that worked last time, ( reboot the box and reboot the modem (i have even reset the modem ) this still isn' working and i am only getting channels 1 to 5.

I have now updated the firmware and got the EPG working ( thanks EDD_MCN )

Not sure what to do about the channels though :/

I have been up a ladder moving the satellite dish and improved the SNR%. But still only channels 1 to 5 working.

Please help!

Sorry to be a pain...

Need to get this sorted asap for the kids (driving me mad lol)

I have come to the box today ( without changing anything ) and i am having the original problem again ( ND goes red and only certain channels working )

I tried the steps that worked last time, ( reboot the box and reboot the modem (i have even reset the modem ) this still isn' working and i am only getting channels 1 to 5.

I have been up a ladder moving the satellite dish and improved the SNR%. But still only channels 1 to 5 working.

Please help!

Sorry to be a pain...

Need to get this sorted asap for the kids (driving me mad lol)

Please help!

I feel the pain, try the initial reset.

Back