Openbox v8s XML EPG 25/11/1903

lobster

Hi all

I recently bought a Openbox from ebay and so far am pleased with the viewing however I have an issue with the XML EPG.
The problem is well documented on here but I am yet to get mine to work ..

I have tried 2 different USB keys both freshly formatted FAT
I have tried some of the suggested upgrades

techkings.org/openbox-satellite/70583-xlmtv-fix-v6-v8-4.html
techkings.org/new-member-please-introduce-yourself-here/103245-openbox-noobie.html

(sorry cant post full links yet)

When I do I get hardware mismatch

My details are

Main Chip ALI HD 3511
SW Ver 3511HD_10_08_2015_06B7

The supplier of the box cannot offer a solution but will take the box back

could anyone help with the EPG or suggest a box that does not suffer the same issue

TIA

Also same problem.
If I update the firmware, does this have any effect on the "Gift" & do I also need to update the channel list?

Always keep a copy of your line/gift. Dump it to usb and store on pc/laptop etc
If you upgrade f/w then you should really upgrade channel list.
I
Reaper.

Hi Reaper

thanks for the reply I have tried the upgrade with the download you suggested and again I get hardware mismatch any further suggestions appriciated

thanks Lobster

HI Reaper

checked this and it is not a genuine box so I ordered another one from ebay different seller and claims it is genuine, turns up with the same EPG problem and guess what it is not genuine, are you able to point me in the right direction to get a genuine box on which I can get everything to work correctly

thanks

You had some bad luck but because I have moved onto the next generation of boxes I don't know many selling genuine boxes now as lost contact but used to trade with a guy. Check your PM.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper, I've got the same problem as Lobster.......xmltv date is 25-11-1903....so no epg......how do I correct this ? Tried going to yojiatech.com couldn't get the page so no download of No81. How do I correct this xmltv thing......please make it as simple as possible as I'm not tech savvie.
Cheers Antoy123

Sorry I missed your post Antony123---the download page at Downloads is always available for downloads plus the answer to the mysterious date has been discussed previously. How to set up the XMLTV has also been published in a few threads---I cannot be everywhere and expected to answer every question--there are many others on here able and willing to help. Plus--with a little bit of reading and research over the last month you would have found the answers you require.
Reaper.

Openbox / XMLTV date problem.

Sorry I missed your post Antony123---the download page at Downloads is always available for downloads plus the answer to the mysterious date has been discussed previously. How to set up the XMLTV has also been published in a few threads---I cannot be everywhere and expected to answer every question--there are many others on here able and willing to help. Plus--with a little bit of reading and research over the last month you would have found the answers you require.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper, Tried the download....no joy, can't find the answer to the date thing with XMLTV still showing 25/11/1903, done all the formatting, changed the hard drive for a memory stick....no difference, sometimes the date corrects its self for a few hours then back to 25/11/1903, setting up the XMLTV isn't a problem...the date thing is the problem.......I'll have to make do with now/next satelite epg and the online SKY TV guide.
Thanks anyway

I'm having this exact same problem. Tried most of the solutions above and no good. Did anyone find a solution?
Thanks

Once you update the XMLTV which shows date 25/11/1903 you exit all the way out of menus. Press the STANDBY button once quite quickly.
The box will go into standby mode and EPG_ will appear with the dash flashing. Your XMLTV EPG is updating, let it update, I think the box
may reset at finish and you`ll find the EPG should be ok. I read somewhere that if you power off the box you need to do this again so keeping
it plugged in and online should prevent issues, anyone free to correct me if i`m wrong.

Nice one Martois just want I was about to say next:(y): One last thing switch off the openbox to STANDBY . This had me stumped for a LONG time to realise that STANDBY was not switch off and back on again.

Just had a sudden thought that you don't know standby is (as I didn't ). Stop the openbox with the Stop button. This will leave the openbox displaying a cute clock. It do NOT switch the TV (another assumption I had made) but is in a low power (and running any background ) mode. This is why your openbox need a curtain amount out quiet time to itself every day.

Yeah I remember some stuff as I ditched the openbox a long time ago and moved to zgemma and technomate. The EPG had me annoyed for a good weekend on the Openbox.
lack of skins and all round poor interface (get what ya pay for) etc. But it does the job and if sorting the EPG helps anyone else its all good!

Back