Openvix Banner Position Issue When Reboot

lippo

Hi,
Quick question - whenever I reboot my Xtrend ET8500, I have to reset the position of the banners etc as they appear too large and slightly off the TV screen. I never used to have to do this but somewhere down the line this started.

I'm running Virtuosso Image Xtreme on blueHD v3.1 by rossi2000 & simonsez.

Thanks, lippo

Last edited:
I had this problem and it turned out to be a problem with the TV settings (auto resolution or something like that).
I was having to change the on screen position for the skin every time I rebooted.

Cheers Willo, that's a pain if it is because I don't think my TV (LG 47" piece of crap) will be able to handle this. Thinking about it though, it never used to do it and it was using the same TV.

Also, I don't think the size of the picture changes, just the size of the GUI.

Well I've just upgraded and have encountered a crash/boot loop. Any ideas on how to fix?

F0E81F4B-20CF-406D-B8B3-4301EF58FC0A.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

Here's another

81DB61C5-5FB6-42D9-8CFA-BCA84EB21082.jpg

I seem to remember this issue occurring when I initially bought the Xtrend. I had to FTP into the box and delete a file but I can't remember what file to delete. Any suggestions?

It took around 10-15 mins to update, but went straight into this loop. Any idea what file/folder to delete to re-install the skin?

Usr/share/enigma2 is where bluehd folder is I think? You could move it out on to your desktop and see if it reboots in default skin ok?

Well what a palava that was. I'm still upgrading the Xtrend. I couldn't FTP into it during the boot/crash. I ended up putting the V12 Openviz image on a USB stick and upgraded that way. When I tried to restore from backup it crashed again.

It took a while to remember what the username is for Xtrend for FTP was; it's root. Still slogging away. Not really how an upgrade should go. I don't even know whether the original banner issue has been resolved yet either!

Well Bangord may well have been right - I found a setting on the LG which may have sorted the banner problem. Should have tried it first before messing with the Xtrend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My telly is so old i can't alter the overscan but since .12 every reboot I do is perfect now. No adjustments needed...

Back