Openvpn using Nordvpn

I'm struggling abit here, trying to get my head round installing a vpn on my Gigablue running openvix and using Nordvpn.
I really need an idiots guide for the idiots stupid son:)
All the guides I've found are for other vpn providers and have already hit the first stumbling block.
So from the other guides I've seen, firstly I need 3 files, ca.crt, crl.pem and any ovpn file.
So I've logged into my Nordvpn account on their website, gone to downloads and clicked openvpn under Windows 7 (my os), I'm assuming this is right?
In this section it shows you how install openvpn on Windows, but I'm guessing I don't do this?
In this section is there is also "download the configuration files", which I've done, unzipped into a new folder, but the only files that are in this folder are ovpn files, servers I think? :)
So where the hell do I get the ca.crt and crl.pem from?
Probably me being stupid, I'm not the most technical person in the world, though I do make a mean cheese on toast:)
Thanks.

Try extracting the files from the zip file, sometimes they Magically appear. IP Vanish is the same, their zip file only shows servers until you unzip it.

This link should have the other 2 files you need. Not sure how they relate to the ovpn files you previously downloaded though.
https://nordvpn.com/api/static/ca_and_tls_auth_certificates.zip

To be honest I spent bloody days trying to get IP Vanish to work, even bought a separate router to run it on but ended up bricking it.

If you can afford to do it spend $40 and get a VPN from PIA. The link below shows how to add it to a solo2 with vix.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/vpn-on-a-vu-solo2.130551/#post-775951

:quiet::quiet:
This link should have the other 2 files you need. Not sure how they relate to the ovpn files you previously downloaded though.

To be honest I spent bloody days trying to get IP Vanish to work, even bought a separate router to run it on but ended up bricking it.

If you can afford to do it spend $40 and get a VPN from PIA. The link below shows how to add it to a solo2 with vix.
Thanks I'll have a go again later, on my iPad Now, obviously need my PC for the files, PC is connected to the TV and the wife is watching tv:quiet:
As for the vpn provider I'll be sticking with Nordvpn for about another 14 months, I signed up for a 2 year deal when they had an offer on lol
Ta.

:quiet::quiet:
Thanks I'll have a go again later, on my iPad Now, obviously need my PC for the files, PC is connected to the TV and the wife is watching tv:quiet:
As for the vpn provider I'll be sticking with Nordvpn for about another 14 months, I signed up for a 2 year deal when they had an offer on lol
Ta.
Fair enough, I was the same position but it pissed me off so much that the $40 to get it working on my sat box was worth it.

So I've just downloaded the file via the above link, the file contains..
al1_nordvpn_com_ca
al1_nordvpn_com_tls.key
al2_nordvpn_com_ca
al2_nordvpn_com_tls.key
Etc..

Is this right?
Ta.

So I've just downloaded the file via the above link, the file contains..
al1_nordvpn_com_ca
al1_nordvpn_com_tls.key
al2_nordvpn_com_ca
al2_nordvpn_com_tls.key
Etc..

Is this right?
Ta.

Not sure to be honest. I know you need 3 files from the VPN supplier and the password.txt that you create yourself. I assume the ca is the security file, not sure what the other one is.

I checked their tutorial and they don't appear to have a clear tutorial for installing on OpenVPN.

Just had a look at their ovpn file and it looks as if it contains more text that the files from other vpns, maybe you only need the _ca file and corresponding ovpn file and a password.txt file.

Still not got anywhere with this, Nordvpn didn't really have a clue, they sent me the files I had already and said I could try SSH to the receiver, seems the problem is though knowing what files I need and what to name them..
So I did some more searching and found one thread (in Italian) with regards adding Nordvpn to openvpn on a enigma2 receiver.
I used google translate to translate the page and he said..
Select one file from config list, eg de28.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn
Open with notepad.
After "auth-user-pass" simply insert "password.conf", so line looks like "auth-user-pass password.conf"
Then rename to openvpn.conf, save.
Then create a .txt file and write your username in the first line, then password on the second line.
Rename the file to "password.conf", save.
Put both of these files into openvpn folder and send to receiver.
I did all this, made the files as described, put them in the folder and used FileZilla to send them to my receiver, created a folder in etc called openvpn (on receiver), transferred the openvpn.conf and password.conf files into it.
Went into openvpn setup on the receiver, enabled auto start, press start and it doesn't do anything, no log file either.
Anybody got any ideas?
Can't believe with how popular Nordvpn is and how popular enigma2 receivers are, that I'm the only person trying to get Nordvpn to run on a enigma2 receiver.
Thanks.

So I've nearly got this working...
So I can get it to say running in openvpn.
If I use putty while it's running to find my new IP address it says "bad address 'ipecho.net' "
Also while running if I go to network test is says "Nameserver - unconfirmed" (red X)
Now if I stop it in openvpn and use putty it finds my IP address, also when I run network test "Nameserver- confirmed".
Any ideas guys?
Thanks.

So it seems it won't work with my superhub3.
It will work with the superhub 3 in modem mode with an external router, probably work no problem on other routers.
I'm going to buy another router in a few days.
A massive thank you to Nordvpn for sending me numerous emails to help get it working.
Fantastic customer services. (Though a free router would've been nice:))
Here's the guide for Nordvpn on enigma2 receiver.

1. Go to the client support pages of NordVPN site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)
2. From the zip file we need any ovpn file
3. Edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf.
4. Open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)
5. Create a password.conf file
6. Add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
7. Place all 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn), if there's no openvpn folder in etc, just create your own.
8. Reboot your receiver.
9. Go to settings - network - openvpn, enable auto start and run
10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo

Good luck!

A bit late here, but what virgin failed to tell you is if you pointed your nameserver to alternative addresses (i.e. google's 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) then this would work fine with the superhub 3 :)

A bit late here, but what virgin failed to tell you is if you pointed your nameserver to alternative addresses (i.e. google's 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) then this would work fine with the superhub 3 :)
Bit late for me cos I bought a asus router, but might help someone else.
So thanks!

Back