Optical out

dalejake

Hi guys has anyone managed to get the optical output to work on the 2s , just got the spdif cable popped it into the jack snd then into the receiver but nothing happening , i cant see anything in the setting to enable

Any ideas [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it should work if plugged into ----input on amp for 5-1 sound,receiver might need a tweak in settings--------digital downmix off.

You have to turn downmix to off
Menu
Setup
System
A/V settings
Third from bottom to it to off and try sky movies

NP. Ill keep messing about with it , the RCA seems ok my just stay with that

is there light coming from optical cable from box and is plugged into what amp? does settings on amp need setting up as in programmed?

No light cactus, on the 2 boxes i have tried the amp is a philips and worked with xbox and vermin box today

Just to add.. I'm using a coax cable from spdif n not optical.
Can't see how a optical cable would work unless you have some kind of converter?
Cheers.

zgemma inputs.jpggoogled an image of rear box shows a spdif not optical but digital phono lead to be used from box to amp if your amp supports it.

My mistake , misunderstood I can see now , sort of makes seance, don't get how I could purchase an spdif to optical cable if spdif doesn't use light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ef204ef412f9c97ee2f0c4e3c0ca16dc.jpg

After googling mate there is converters like a small box, coax in one end optical out the other, have a look at back of amp it's just a single input same as a rca input. My amp is about 5 years old so not sure if they ditched it in new amps.

spdif/toslink with trapdoor on box is the optical cable,digital coaxial is the one pictured on box,try a phono lead into that and into amp.google image shows many different types but i think best if you can use same setup with both units.

onkyo tx-sr875 thx 7.1.jpg

spdif/toslink with trapdoor on box is the optical cable,digital coaxial is the one pictured on box,try a phono lead into that and into amp.google image shows many different types but i think best if you can use same setup with both units.
i like amps with connections in abundance.

Now that's what I call connections , I'll stick with the left/right rca plugs I think , it's in my lads room so he won't really notice the difference

Cheers cactikid and snow

Back