OSCAM ICAM Germany vs UK?

As I understand it, on E2 boxes, Using OSCAM ICAM & stream relay it's now possible to get Sly DE in HD. From what I've read it's also possible to get Italy & UK (though UK seems to be SD only).

I'm curious why there seems to be plenty of suppliers offering the DE service, but it seems to be a real struggle to find anything with UK included. Is the tech different somehow for getting 28.2e working than it is/was for 19.2e?

(I've managed to get DE running on my Solo2 box with stream relay btw).

Not really important, I just haven't got my head around it.

The "tech" is the same but if you had a full UK sub would you rather watch Sly HD channels your the official box or just the SD channels in an enigma2 box?
Without the pairing key, which some Germans have, the HD cannot work in E2. Therefore no one is likely to make their card available for sharing.
There is also no money in it for the payservers.

As I understand it, on E2 boxes, Using OSCAM ICAM & stream relay it's now possible to get Sly DE in HD. From what I've read it's also possible to get Italy & UK (though UK seems to be SD only).

I'm curious why there seems to be plenty of suppliers offering the DE service, but it seems to be a real struggle to find anything with UK included. Is the tech different somehow for getting 28.2e working than it is/was for 19.2e?

(I've managed to get DE running on my Solo2 box with stream relay btw).

Not really important, I just haven't got my head around it.
Limited cards available for the UK SD side is more or less the problem.

I'd imagine most doing UK ICAM are enthusiasts. The market is led by the sellers and the UK converted to IPTV years before Germany, when Sky UK first went down on CS boxes and Sky DE continued working. Additionally, Brits are conditioned to think satellite = 'Sky' or 'Freesat' branded equipment, whereas in Germany, and other continental countries, they generally have more experience of other types of satellite systems, which are often sold in supermarkets etc.

Last edited:
Back