Paint Peeling

I have prepared my bathroom wall, filled with polyfilla rubbed to a smooth finish and now ready to paint.
My problem is, last time I done this I painted over the spots where I filled and the paint started to flake when dry.
the rest of the wall was ok only where I filled with Polyfilla. Is there anything I can do to prevent this.

seal the filled areas with a couple of layers of pva ,thin it down 50% water 50% pva glue and leave it dry between

I have prepared my bathroom wall, filled with polyfilla rubbed to a smooth finish and now ready to paint.
My problem is, last time I done this I painted over the spots where I filled and the paint started to flake when dry.
the rest of the wall was ok only where I filled with Polyfilla. Is there anything I can do to prevent this.
Paint over it first with polybond

The posted advice are sound but a cheaper option would be a very diluted mixture of water and wallpaper paste, I think Professionals call it seizing the wall before applying paint /emulsion.wallpaper.

The posted advice are sound but a cheaper option would be a very diluted mixture of water and wallpaper paste, I think Professionals call it seizing the wall before applying paint /emulsion.wallpaper.

Interesting approach to the solution if it works? Never heard of that idea before.

Never heard of that idea before.

Neither had I until a painter and decorator pointed out that it would have to be done on a newly plastered wall prior to putting on a coat of emulsion. no expert myself -just passing on the info. obviously you need to wait for it to dry before you apply anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back