Painting and decorating advice offered

Chilly

Hi all im new to the techkings site and wanted to give alittle bit back if i can,ive been in the painting industry for 28 years and have extensive knowledge of the painting and decorating trade,im not here to gain any financial gain just here to offer help and advice
to others who struggle with various paints and products and best ways to apply those finishes.

Hi Chilly

Maybe you could help me. I need to repaint my garage door. It's a metal one. What type of paint would be best to use?

Thanks

Hi Chilly

Maybe you could help me. I need to repaint my garage door. It's a metal one. What type of paint would be best to use?

Thanks
hi coco in regards to repainting your garage door that im guessing is exposed to the eliments,i would recormend useing dulux trade metalshield gloss you,ll need to apply 2 coats of this within a 2/4 hour period,ive used this product alot over the last 3 years and can honestly say it dose what it says on the tin,hope this helps please message me if ur unsure of how to apply this product as it goes off very quick

Hello Chilly Since I retired I have started doing up old furniture, the paint I use is Farrow and ball estate eggshell but its like £36 a litre are there any cheaper alternatives you'd recommend.
Cheers

Hi stoneage,did you know that homebase sell farrow and ball eggshell estate range many clients i decorate for dont.and there prices on certain paints can be alot cheaper,i did abit of research for you and homebase sell 2.5litres of the estate eggshell range for £38.99 not sure if its selective colours only but i did notice some nice greens there at that price,a lot of the exclusive paint company,s ie paint library and zoffany also the little green company of which ive used over the last few months are very over rated and priced .personally i cant fault dulux whose colour match system and spectrum are second to none,dulux also do a heritage range,as too your question is there anything cheaper than the £36 1litre farrow and ball charge it all depends if your not to fussed on where you buy your paint and who makes it,personally id stick with dulux,

Back