Parking Eye LTD

mbath

TK Veteran
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice please. I've received an invoice from Parking Eye as my mum overstayed in a car park by just 12 mins.

I started an appeal with them providing receipts etc to prove she was shopping. Additionally my mum has overstayed due to the time it takes for her to get around due to various medical conditions (offered them doctors notes).

Anyway as expected my appeal was rejected and the rationale given was "the discretionary criteria set by the landowner in this case"

Any advice on what to do next? Do I have to pay this?

Thanks

It's an invoice not a fine and not enforceable in the same way - they could pursue it in court if they wanted to and your mum could even get a CCJ on her credit file but it depends if the company want to take it this far - sometimes they do, sometimes they don't as usually, the cost of taking it to court outweighs the cost of the invoice.

Don't pay. Kick up as much of a fuss as you can. I've twice had this. Once in a shopping centre where I overstayed. Once when I didn't pay and display when I parked very briefly in a carpark that was for free for 'customers only'

After 2 or 3 letters backwards and forward I never heard anything back from either of them.

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice please. I've received an invoice from Parking Eye as my mum overstayed in a car park by just 12 mins.

I started an appeal with them providing receipts etc to prove she was shopping. Additionally my mum has overstayed due to the time it takes for her to get around due to various medical conditions (offered them doctors notes).

Anyway as expected my appeal was rejected and the rationale given was "the discretionary criteria set by the landowner in this case"

Any advice on what to do next? Do I have to pay this?

Thanks

You never said which part of the UK this happened, however only Police and Parking Wardens can issue parking finds in Scotland all other enforcers can be ignored, although parking regulations differ in other parts of the UK.

You never said which part of the UK this happened, however only Police and Parking Wardens can issue parking finds in Scotland all other enforcers can be ignored, although parking regulations differ in other parts of the UK.
Sorry it was UK although I was up your neck of the woods this weekend. Glasgow and Dundee

Parking eye win a lot of their cases in court you can end up thousands in by the time you finish in court so be careful, steptoe already posted the best link for help with tickets.

Thanks for the help guys. I've reached out to Aldi and they've said to send the details onto them however my nervousness is that I'll end up paying the higher amount.

Thanks for the help guys. I've reached out to Aldi and they've said to send the details onto them however my nervousness is that I'll end up paying the higher amount.

if you make the appeal before the deadline it freezes it,
I had one from them a couple of years ago, even with an e.mail from the shop manager where I was working they threw out my appeal,
so I went to POPLA , they threw out the ticket and basically said parking eye should have accepted my evidence

Well done for going to Aldi As they have the power to overturn Parking eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£40, part of me thinks just pay the fu*ker
Maybe see what Aldi say as long as your in the deadline to pay the fine by the time you hear back from them, otherwise even though it's not right the £40 ain't worth the stress and the potential rise in the cost especially if they take you to court.

Maybe see what Aldi say as long as your in the deadline to pay the fine by the time you hear back from them, otherwise even though it's not right the £40 ain't worth the stress and the potential rise in the cost especially if they take you to court.
There is plenty of time before court action as he can appeal against There decision I took them on and won with a few letters and photos. They try to bully people You may think it's not worth it but dong Your homework it is if a sign is to small or writing is not right You do not have to pay

Ultimately my mum was overdue as I mentioned albeit 12 mins.

Personally I think I have to pay it. I reached out to Aldi more because she was shopping there and that her medical conditions means everything takes a while.

There is plenty of time before court action as he can appeal against There decision I took them on and won with a few letters and photos. They try to bully people You may think it's not worth it but dong Your homework it is if a sign is to small or writing is not right You do not have to pay
There is a lot of private companies you do not have to pay, parking eye however are court registered and normally get backed by the courts I work within the court system and I have seen £40 turn into £3000 court costs in the blink of an eye, Just be cautious and watch your time limits I guess ultimately it's the own persons call.

Back