ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
Author: Peerblock, LLC
Date: 2010-11-23
Size: 2.00 MB
License: Freeware
Requires: Win7/Vista/2K/XP

PeerBlock lets you control who your computer "talks to" on the Internet. By selecting appropriate lists of "known bad" computers, you can block communication with advertising or spyware oriented servers, computers monitoring your p2p activities, computers which have been "hacked", even entire countries! They can't get in to your computer, and your computer won't try to send them anything either.

And best of all, it's free!

Releases

Good piece of kit to have when using torrents!!!
Look at those blocked IP's role baby lol

From peerblock website:

PeerBlock is actually based on the same code used to create PeerGuardian - specifically, the "PG2 RC1 Test3" Vista beta version. That code had a LOT of bugs in it, and hadn't been updated for about two years. So I started up this PeerBlock project to fix all those things that'd been annoying me for so long. A bunch of other people decided to pitch in and help out, some with development, some with testing, and now we're where we are today.
So compared with old PeerGuardian software, PeerBlock is much more stable, doesn't require nearly so many hacks/workarounds to get working on Vista/Win7, and is actually under active development . . . so we can (and will!) actually respond to new bug reports or feature requests.

Been using this for years and also PeerBlock. Don't have it running all the time just when I am downloading.
Read a few things were people have said it useless but I've stuck by it as it does block quite a few IP's and the lists get updated so it must be doing something as far as am concerned and will be sticking with it.

Back