Picture breaking up

hi all, got a VM test line this evening to run alongside my sly sub. Managed to get it set up but the picture on the HD channels keeps breaking up. Tightened all the cables, using a tratec 5-1000 splitter and using the expensive webro WF100 cable so I don't know what's up with it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Can't quite remember the figures now but I'm sure the range is -6 to + 10
Ideally around 0 is best

There is one or two guys that usually jump in these threads, hopefully they will clarify the settings soon.

Last edited:
Update, did a direct line test with the FTA channels on VM feed and they were fine but as soon as I plugged the cable into the splitter it started breaking up again so looks like it's the splitter or router. I bought this splitter off amazon 5-2400. I've also tried an old virgin one that was on the wall from years ago a Tratec 5-1000 but still get the distortion on both from both splitters. Will get a new one from screw fix tomorrow and try that

I have had the same issue previously with a 5-1000mhz splitter but it was a cheapo ebay one - the Tratec ones are supposed to be the best ones to have though so seems weird. I replaced my crappy ebay one with a 5-2400mhz one from screwfix and it was spot on after that.

Looks like you are losing signal strength once connected to the splitter hence why you get the glitches. Try a signal booster or a powered hdu splitter.

Posting a link to a previous thread on this issue.

Has links on how to check the signal strength on the router and a link to the signal amplifier.

Had the same issues and changing cables or splitter won't sort it.

Bought the konig amplifier and been glitch free ever since.

Last edited:
4e90bbfe68c04b28759fc20034a77bd4.jpg

I purchased this from Screwfix earlier which is the same sort of thing? Well in any case it didn't work. I tried it in between the wall box and router (router wouldn't come on) and also in between the router and the H2H, where it still glitched :(

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    505.3 KB · Views: 51
I'm no expert on cable but I can't see that working.
Cable Installations need setting up with care, good quality cable and the correct splitter.
If your losing signal best to get a device that's been manufactured for cable Installations.
Is there no VM engineers who live near you, ask one for some advice or to take a look at your setup. They usually carry a van full of goodies [emoji6]

I'm no expert on cable but I can't see that working.
Cable Installations need setting up with care, good quality cable and the correct splitter.
If your losing signal best to get a device that's been manufactured for cable Installations.
Is there no VM engineers who live near you, ask one for some advice or to take a look at your setup. They usually carry a van full of goodies [emoji6]

So you don't think the Konig would work either? I don't know of any VM engineers and can't think of a way of tactfully finding one to check out my dodgy set up

I have had the same issue previously with a 5-1000mhz splitter but it was a cheapo ebay one - the Tratec ones are supposed to be the best ones to have though so seems weird. I replaced my crappy ebay one with a 5-2400mhz one from screwfix and it was spot on after that.
that splitter can cause interference from outside sources not protected.

on another box i had bad blocking on the odd channels and it turned out to be a bad loose connection,thinking of doing away with those screw on f connectors and using crimped ones instead.

Back