Picture keeps breaking up

mega1968

Hi people need some help why does my channels keep breaking up and freezing for 5 to 10 seconds have tried 2 different tests lines and still the same rebooted box about 5 times and router about 5 times unplugged everything and left of for 10 mins then plugged everything back in but still the same....is it common for the picture to break up now and again

Poor signal will cause pixilating/picture breakup.
Sometimes other devices can cause Interference, best to unplug everything and test all devices as your watching TV

Have you checked your Connections and are you using the right splitter?

Last edited:
5-1000MHz two-way is optimal.

5-2400MHz may cause too much signal degredation if you already have a marginal feed.
If you only need 2 outputs, then a 3 or 4 way splitter will also cut the signal - possibly too far if you have a marginal signal.

Do you also get the glitching on FTA channels (So BBC1 SD for example)?

I have 2 splitters as I also have my tivo setup still until I get this sorted then I can cancel it ....could that course problems using 2 splitters....they are both the 5-1000 mhz

5-1000MHz two-way is optimal.

5-2400MHz may cause too much signal degredation if you already have a marginal feed.
If you only need 2 outputs, then a 3 or 4 way splitter will also cut the signal - possibly too far if you have a marginal signal.

Do you also get the glitching on FTA channels (So BBC1 SD for example)?

Sorry to quote, i have bought a USB Cable Tuner (using tuner b added tuner C) and wanted to ask you would a three-way 5-1000 mhz splitter (not arrived yet) cause pixellation issues?

Thanks

Sorry to quote, i have bought a USB Cable Tuner (using tuner b added tuner C) and wanted to ask you would a three-way 5-1000 mhz splitter (not arrived yet) cause pixellation issues?

Thanks

Possibly - it all depends what the signal level is going into your house.

For me, it did cause problems as I had quite a low signal level to start with - that was sorted when I recently took a VM TV package and an installer increased my power levels at the cabinet.

Possibly - it all depends what the signal level is going into your house.

For me, it did cause problems as I had quite a low signal level to start with - that was sorted when I recently took a VM TV package and an installer increased my power levels at the cabinet.

Would a signal booster not fix the issue?

What would you recommend?

I had the exact same problem in the past using a 5-1000 splitter from eBay - I replaced it with a 5-2400 one from Screwfix and it was perfect.

Guys I'm having the same problem - I have 2 h2h boxes and both are pixelating on most but not all channels. FTA channels are also affected. Sometimes the picture breaks up so bad that I get "tune failed". Any ideas? And how do I check signal strength?
Thanks

Back