Pirates claims PS3 hacking success

7thsinger

VIP Member
Hackers claim to have found way to play copied software on Sony’s previously impervious console

With piracy rife in the Wii, Xbox 360, DS and PSP markets, the PS3 has to date proved the only current-gen machine to successfully fend off the hackers – but it seems that things could be about to change.

According to reports on Maxconsole, a lengthy and convoluted workaround has been discovered that allows users to play pirated copies of Killzone 2, PES 2008 and Burnout Paradise.

Users are also required to have an older PS3 (i.e. not a ‘Slim’ machine) onto which third party OS software can be installed as well as copies of Windows XP, the original MotorStorm and a host of piracy-related DVD software.

The exploit, however, has been met with widespread scepticism amongst many in the hacker community, not least because of the extreme cost and effort needed to implement it.

Even if the hack is real, any detrimental effects are likely to be minimal for now. The fear, however, is that this method could be the start of full-fledged hacking of Sony’s console.

After extensive research into this, it appears they are closer and closer to having a realistic work around for the PS3 system. At this point, it's a lengthy and involved process. I don't think i'm alone in being ready to be able to play backup games on my PS3. :grin:

After extensive research into this, it appears they are closer and closer to having a realistic work around for the PS3 system. At this point, it's a lengthy and involved process. I don't think i'm alone in being ready to be able to play backup games on my PS3. :grin:

Aye... ye is a DIRTY little PIRATE!!!! Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!! :cheesy grin:

not just yet though 7th, that would be some set up to have under your neat 47inch lcd lol.
though maybe it means, as you say that a realistic way round is on its way(y)

Aye... ye is a DIRTY little PIRATE!!!! Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!! :cheesy grin:

Alleged pirate GM. Alleged. lol

not just yet though 7th, that would be some set up to have under your neat 47inch lcd lol.
though maybe it means, as you say that a realistic way round is on its way(y)

I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to backup my PS3 collection and be able to play them. From what i understand, CloneDVD and AnyDVD are both used in the work-around process that they're experimenting with.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on their progress. :cheesy grin:

And keep us up to date if you wouldn't mind (y)

must get clone DVD, have clone CD and Any DVD:taz:

I certainly will keep this thread updated as i find out more.

It's going to require AnyDVD HD if i'm not mistaken. So, keep that in mind as well.

i have problems using the progs that i have 7thlol, never mind new ones

Alleged pirate GM. Alleged. lol

I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to backup my PS3 collection and be able to play them. From what i understand, CloneDVD and AnyDVD are both used in the work-around process that they're experimenting with.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on their progress. :cheesy grin:

Alleged, and not that little , I might add

i have anydvd 6.6.07 and the serial number is xxxxxxxx HD, does this mean that i have already the HD version?

@ dan thanks man

From what i'm reading, they're backing the experimental one's on both so far. I believe when it comes down to it the dual layer will be what is commonly used. Don't hold me to that. I know the DL discs are far cheaper than the BR blanks.

@Wheelo, yes that should be the HD version. Open the program, right click the fox head on your task bar and if the HD options are greyed out, then it's not active.

From what i'm reading more people are inclined to think this is fake!(y)

From what i've read there are those that took the base process and are posting seemingly fake success stories. The one that actually seems to have merit uses an exploit found in Motorstorm. Several other platforms initially required an exploit from a game to start the hacking process. With the PSP it was initially Grand Theft Auto. With the the Wii it started with an exploit in Twilight Princess.

Either way, i can't substantiate anything personally at this point. So whether it is, as this point, true or fake cannot be determined. However, that does not stop me from hoping it's real and hoping we're close to a work around for a tough-to-crack console. ;)

will anydvd hd and clonedvd 2 work for this

Should. Again, none of this is definite yet. Still watching it and hoping the information provided is at least close to accurate.

Back