Please help with wifi settings

Open atv should see that dongle, I presume you rebooted box, try reflashing with open atv again , then do a network scan

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Open atv should see that dongle, I presume you rebooted box, try reflashing with open atv again , then do a network scan

I may sound really stupid here but I only bought this box yesterday. And he said it was his uncles who past away. He hasn't done anything with it apart from disconnecting and selling it to.me with a 500 gig hard drive which he said you can record on with this. However he said that you can connect it via wireless and that's what I'm trying to do... I've done nothing or added nothing everything that's on the box is from the previous owner it has sky build on aswell if that helps.

Make sure you've got a wireless dongle driver installed from drivers/extension's I had to install one for mine Go to portal pthen plugins press green button wait for it to load go into drivers look for usb rt3750 I think install it then once Installed menu system settings then adaptor settings select wireless adaptor then scan available networks select yours then where it says dchp change to yes change security key to wpa_wpa2 I think it's called enter your wireless password then press green to save and should say configuring network if complete should get a box tell you wireless state that you are connected and away you go mate

I can help you tomorrow ( it is my mission to sort this) , I can't use the box at the moment herself is watching crap , if the box shows wireless in network settings it's finding the dongle, if you can see wireless network scan (or something similar, the box sees the dongle)

Back