Cable plugins folder

hi im trying to instal mgcamd 1.38 on my zgemma h1. I cant see it in the download plugins menu so im doing it manually. Ive ftpd into my box but im not sure where to put the ipk file.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ----------

ok ive put the "enigma2-plugin-softcams-mgcamd-1.38c-r0.openpli.mips32el.ipk" file in the tmp folder and installed it through system setup software management. I have openATV installed but I havent noticed any new options in the plugin menu. I need to add a cline for sly and another line for virmin

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 PM ----------

I should say that even though I installed the ipk the "USR/Keys" folder is still empty.

---------- Post Merged at 01:17 PM ----------

update i have also "installed" TSpanel. I read that i needed this so i downloaded "enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.5_mipsel.ipk" and installed it the same way i installed mgcamd. just rebooting the box now to see if I have made any progress

USr/keys folder is where your line goes bud. Why not try downloading MTpockets image or Sucmnsee's Vix image. Both are set up for you and all you need to do is put your line details in.

I wish I knew that before. I got the "bad magic number error in my plugins menu just now so I removed TSpanel and reinstalled another one. Ive got mgcamd installed now. I just need to put my cline in. does that go into usr/keys?

EDIT ive created a cccamd.list file and put my cline in. It does come up in tspanel and it looks like its working, the only problem is all the channels are still scrambled.

Ive decided to give up and install this http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=526

but i cant download it because of a "token" problem.

Last edited:
ok i went back and installed sucnmsees image but mgcamd is showing ""no emc info"". I have put cccamd.list in usr/keys and set permissions to 755 but i cant get the channels to work.

you could put your C line in etc/Cccam.cfg starting with C: don't forget a space after C: then use cccam instead of mgcamd

thanks alot. That worked. Only problem is when i want to watch a virgin media channel i will need to switch to mgcamd. Or is there a way to automate this?

not sure, I have 2 lines 1 for vm and 1 for my moving dish so I just switch cams when needed with the blue button, not really a problem

Back