Poll: Which Image do you use?

Which base Image do you use on your Zgem?

• MTPockets OpenATV

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Sucmnsee Vix

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • I use something different

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

marknewham

I certainly don't want this to be a poll to determine which out of mtpockets and sucmnsee's images is better as they both have their merits and they both work very hard on their side of things but I just wanted to see who was using what out there!

Personally using the
MTpockets backup of OpenATV 4.2 configured for the Zgemma Star 2S image mate.​

Over 100 views and only 15 votes....come on guys get your votes in!! :anyonethere:

Last edited:
Come on please you have done your first post You can download now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently using Vix 165,
But thinking of trying the new Hades version from Sucmnsee,
Are there any major benefits as I am more than happy with Vix 165.

It's officially supported and unlike with ViX Hades, the front display works properly. Their Blue skin is the "Sky" skin by default. Just update the ABM to the latest from the O-E Git for the latest improvements. There is no "Software Update" in the main menu so removing the temptation for users to press it and screw everything up :grin:

Officially supported but no OTA updates?? That's a shame I was gonna try this next myself. I'll keep looking for my next victim.....

It's officially supported and unlike with ViX Hades, the front display works properly. Their Blue skin is the "Sky" skin by default. Just update the ABM to the latest from the O-E Git for the latest improvements. There is no "Software Update" in the main menu so removing the temptation for users to press it and screw everything up :grin:

What about system menu? Any autoupdate settings?

I take it its a rip off of vix or is it like a splinter thing of real openvix devs?

No software update in the setup menu, see pic.

grab.jpg

Not tried but it should be possible to upgrade by telnet command.

Code:
opkg update && opkg upgrade

AIUI, ViX4E2 is build from the O-E Git with the ViX branch - the beauty of open source :)

Back