Cable Possible faulty box/tuner?/VM EPGbox

ParDanMe

I've recently set-up my box with a lot of help from swampy47 (y) and just using one test line atm for VM which is now working spot on.

However, I've noticed quite a few HD channels aren't showing up, just blank screen and a message appears saying 'No data on transponder! (Timeout reading PAT)'. SNR is 0%. It appears to only effect channels in the 100-200MHz range. Could it be a faulty box? Also there's an attenuator on the before the splitter which I can't take off as I need a spanner or some pliers which are in a box somewhere as I've just moved house (Think the VM engineer has forged it with the F connector it's that tight) - could that be the reason why?

Also VM epg isn't downloading for some reason. I've forced a manual download with no luck. Sly is fine and VM only gets the info for the channel I'm on. Any ideas?

Thanks fellas

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ----------

Should mention which might help all other channels which work SNR is 97%

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 PM ----------

Right... I've appeared to have fixed it. Removed the attenuator after digging out the pliers and SNR on those channels is now 25-30% but no issues watching channels!

Now just why EPG isn't loading for VM. Using most recent scumnsee image if anyone can help :)

Cheers guys. Set up EPG in Cross EPG but select Virgin (On the second page which I probably missed numerous times) in XEPGDB providers. Missing some channels like Channel 5 and a few others but none that I'll record from so all good.

Also got the signal strength better on the HD channels under 200Mhz by making my own cable up with some quality coax and gold connectors. Probably a bit overkill but better than the cheap one off eBay which was a bit iffy.

been telling people for years quality counts and new cables are better shielded than old ones,if people use cheap expect issues,well done.

Back