PREMIER LEAGUE fans face paying £14.95

The working class and unemployed have been priced out of it, okay you can see the likes of James at Everton and stars at other clubs but the games lost something it used to be magical if a bit grubby at times the Germans have it right with cheap seats behind the goals.

I don't think it's that the working class or unemployed being priced out that affects the atmosphere at Goodison most, I think it's that the younger fans are either priced out or don't want to go. Goodison used to be a proper bear pit at times, now even the LG is tame on account of it being full of middle aged men.

Used to go to.villa United games with brother at villa park and man how uncomfortable was sitting in the home end lol.

Haven't been to United games at OT for quite a few years now. Mainly because of finances being the major trouble point for many years. Hope to go back to OT again one day.

That's the buzz tho before next match plan meet up point have a few jars on way down have some grubb another few jars whilst there have a laugh watch match hopefully not get gripped (lol) come back do same again especially when hiring oaches/mini buses to go to games England games are even better when all rivalry is put to 1 side lol

The broadcasters don't want the ppv matches, it's a government and Premier League insistence that they screen them and the price was apparently set by the Premier League.

They are planning to put the price down to £9.95 in a few weeks, after the international break, they should have listened more to fans and pundits, who wanted them to cut it to a fiver, might have got more punters at that price, but I really hope it gets scrapped soon.

most of the ppv feeds have been on 28.2e so with the right receiver you can watch them without moving your dish

I think for one Liverpool match there were 100,000 who paid so not a bad return. Even £9.95 a pop gives a decent return. But I think Sky and BT would rather just show the select matches they're contracted to. Every match being on live TV probably messes with viewing figures for their main matches.

id sooner they all went ppv but were played at he same time. boxing ppv is a pi$$ take too. that drivel they put on last night for 19.95

Last edited:
id sooner they all went ppv but were played at he same time. boxing ppv is a piss take too. that drivel they put on last night for 19.95

I'm sure the broadcasters have considered that as a business model but for whatever reason, they've decided to stick with the way they do it.

Not a fan of ppv boxing at all - it's resulted in the sport becoming something of a niche thing, very few fighters are household names in the UK these days.

Back