Problem With Signal?

androme

[FIXED] Problem With Signal?

EDIT: Now Fixed (see post #9)!

Heya all,

Just got my Vu+ Solo2 (fresh from WOS) but can only get FTA channels showing up - any clues as to what else I can do?

I've setup with kaddiC's Slyk1 skin (love it!), AutoBouqetsMaker (Sly UK only), CrossEPG, mgcamm 1.35a and softcams 2.3.0.

Did Manual scan, picks up the 900+ channels. When I go to any of the Sly channels etc. it just shows me a blank/black screen.

Have gone into SoftCams/CI and ensured mgcamm is active + set to run at startup. I've tried with both mgcamm and mgcamm + softcam both being active.

I've used FileZilla to place mg_cfg file into var/keys, newcamd.list file into var/keys (copy/pasting the N: line I have with server, port, username, password etc. and replacing N: with CWS: ), CCcam.cfg into /etc.

SNR shows 90% average for these channels. Have tried swapping the LNB over to no luck. Online updates for the box itself are disabled, AutoBouqetsMaker is set to scan daily, which I've already done a scan for and channels list shows fine along with EPG showing channel info etc.

I've rebooted the box as well. When I swap straight back to my old Openbox V8S, the Sky channels etc. are working so doubt it's the provider of the N: line and it shows as being Online on both Openbox + Solo2.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am going out of my mind!

Last edited:
you are using an old cam use mgcamd 1.38 only as you are using a nline and make sure your cccam is not active,have you done a network test and if ok pressing ok button twice should show your line.

I thought you put them in user/keys!!
Maybe I could be wrong
Haven't done it for a while[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you are using an old cam use mgcamd 1.38 only as you are using a nline and make sure your cccam is not active,have you done a network test and if ok pressing ok button twice should show your line.

Thank you fella, have got rid of 1.35a and updated to 1.38 + removed softcam - but still no luck :( network test is running fine (hardwired via ethernet cable to router) DHCP settings fine - bouqets work so no network problem - line shows online and ok ! The N: line works in both softcam & mgcam (I tried both on my openbox - the provider told me it doesn't matter as they've set it up to run via either)

Still no joy!

So I've fixed it! I found 2 old threads on here - one was to edit the mg_cfg file - where it says G and changed the value to 33 (not sure why this works but someone suggested it despite it not being on the list for no's for G)

The other edit was to setup port forwarding for tcp 21000. Not sure which one worked as I did both together and then tested.

Thanks for the help nonetheless cactikid as we never know who may stumble upon this and either what I found to work or what you suggested will work for them as well! Also to delboy for trying to help as well :) <3

Back