Problems getting 30w

werdna

I have a 60cm solid dish on my balcony. The only satellite I have a sight of is 30w, but I am having problems finding it.
IMG_1910.jpg

The scales on my bracket are confusing, I am guessing I am getting the elevation wrong? I am supposed to set it to 23.7 - which side to i set it to?
IMG_1911.jpgIMG_1912.jpg

I have a satellite finder and cannot get anything when moving around the general area. Thinking the lnb could be faulty?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Your location would help us. First get assistance by checking out general direction of dishes nearby and is 60cms the correct size required for your location. Ensure you have set your box up to recognize Hispasat 30w---set it to a fta channel then power off. Now install your sat finder between lnb and box, loosen bolts on dish, power up box. Set sat finder to highest reading on mute button or knob, now gently move dish up and down and side to side until you hear a noise from the finder or the needle goes up. Stop and finger tighten dish bolts--turn finder knob to halfway and again move dish and listen/look for highest reading--lock dish and check box/tv for channels.
Reaper.

Back