Progress on Modding 4.3

sinno

VIP Member
First off i cannot verify any of this,i have not and will not be updating to 4.3 until i need to
I nor techkings take No Responsibility for any thing YOU DO TO YOUR WII

this is a post by Chaos Shadow6642 on another forum
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Xc6RbYWo4vA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1
and this is the file he speaks of
Code:
http://download666.mediafire.com/ffzphwcw1vfg/gmmj3mdtvzn/FIX-4.3.zip

Also adding on to this for any of those who sensibley use preloader
da letter a creadted a all in one hacks.ini for 4.1 and 4.2
damysteryman has added to this for 4.3 to continue the all in one hacks theme
His hacks.ini file can be found here
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5uhwjnemt4j
Again i cant verify any of this

good post sinno, good to see the Wii community is keeping up with nintendo, especially as i may have to use it when I visit relatives in Bexleyheath next week

That answered my question as to what your niece did wheelo,
axxxo its an online update but any new games from now on will more than likely have the update also
if you have preloader you should enable block disc updates

i am only presuming that is what she did, i haven't talked to anyone there for a few days, but if it is that, i will let you know how i get on

This was posted by Mauifrog on another forum
mauifrog
4.3 Fix
This will NOT FIX virgin 4.3 wiis
Requires cIOS

If this does not work and you need help, download syscheck, run the scan. Paste the cvs report from your sd-card here with a description of your troubles.

Priiloader hacks are currently in development
Updated hacks.ini, download this to sd:\ enable the hacks you wish
Thank you damysteryman
Download 4.3-fix.zip
Extract to sd:\

Step 1- Load Loadmii

Option 1- Indiana PWNS (4.3u, 4.3e)
-Play Lego Indiana Jones, complete the first level, make a save game.
-Go to settings, data management, save games, wii
-Delete Lego Indiana Jones save game
-Click SD, copy Indiana PWNS for your region
-
When the game loads, you will be in Barnett College. Walk to the Art Room (through the Courtyard), approach the left character on the podium. When it zooms on him, choose the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them).
-LoadMii starts, load from SD- Press A

Option 2- Smash Stack (4.3u)
-Load SSBB ntsc, wtih sd-card removed, make a save file
-Go to the stage builder, delete all custom stages, exit stage builder
-Insert SD-CARD, Go to stage builder
-LoadMii starts, load from SD- Press A
*You need to delete all custom stages for this to work"
*You may need to try this many, many times for it to work*

Option 3- boot2 Bootmii cboot2 load (4.3u, 4.3e, 4.3j)
-Boot the wii, Loadmii starts, load from SD- Press A

Option 4- cIOSCORP/DARKCORP (4.3u, 4.3e, 4.3j, 4.3k)
-use the DISK SWAP method to load app. Just use an in region game that reboots to the game health/safety screen. Burn a copy of that game, good and proper. Then use wiiscrubber to replace the main.dol of that iso with the loadmii boot.dol from 4.3-FIX.zip, burn the modified iso good and proper. Boot your game, once the game loads push HOME, swap the game disks, restart the game. Loadmii should load, do step 2. This is currently the only option for 4.3j/k systems. See post #151 for more details

Option 5- preinstalled Forwaders (4.3u 4.3e 4.3j, 4.3k)
If you have a forwarder installed on the wii, say to usbloader, neogamma, media player, etc. You can use this forwarder to load any app you wish. Just replace the sd:\apps\your-forwarder-app\boot.dol with the loadmii boot.dol found in the 4.3-FIX.zip. Then the forwarder will load loadmii and you can load most apps. Also if you have usbloader gx installed or similar, this app can load apps for you as well.

Note: Many users report sync issues with the wiimote. It may be necessary to use a gc-controller to proceed.

Step 2- Load [MMM] Multi-Mod-Manager
-Select "Multi_MOD_Manager.dol" - Press A
-[MMM] Multi-Mod-Manager loads
(if this fails to load, you don't have cios250- If you think you have other, edit sd:\mmmconfig.txt)
Many users are lossing sync to their wiimote. You may need to use a gc-controller. You can try to load MMM with ios36 instead of ios250, just edit sd:\mmmconfig.txt. Once it loads, youll have to reload ios250, see if that has any effect on the wiimote issue.

Step 3- Install wads
Select "WAD Manager" - Press A
Press (1) to "Install all Wads" - Press A
"Press any button to continue"
Press 2 (App Launcher)
If you have issues installing the wads, extract Wad-Manager-1.5-mod3.zip to sd:\ Load WadManager from loadmii, use ios250 or other and install the wads. Load the rest of the guide from the loadmii channel. Or try WadManager_1.4.dol.zip

Step 4- Hackmii Installer 1.06
*Install HBC, DVDX, Bootmii as boot2 and ios*
Select Hackmii Installer -press A
Read: You have not paid, you have not been scammed -Press 1
The test results are in: read this- Press A to "Continue"
Install HBC
Install DVDx
Install Bootmii as IOS
and-
Install Bootmii as Boot2 (if you can)
Select "Exit" - Press A
Homebrew Channel loads (HBC)

Step 5- cIOS38 -r17 install
From HBC, Select "cIOS38r17 installer" - Press A,
Select Load- Press A
cIOS38-r17 Installer Loads
Press "right" change ios249 to ios250 - Press A
Read: Press A
Select <WAD installation> - Press A, Select <Wii SD Slot> - Press A
please wait... "Press any button to restart..."
HBC loads

Step 6 - Priiloader Install
From HBC, select Priiloader - Press A,
Select Load - Press A
Priiloader Installer Loads
Read: Hold B, Press +/A to install
Priiloader may give two errors

/loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
/password.txt couldn't delete error -106

These are expected and are not an issue
Wait, wait, wait, HBC loads
HOLD reset- Priiloader loads
Select "System Menu Hacks" - Press A
Press A to enable all 4 HACKS, Select "save settings" - Press A
Be sure all 4 HACKS are enabled
Press B, Select "Homebrew Channel" - Press A
HBC loads
Updated hacks.ini, download this to sd:\ enable the hacks you wish
Thank you damysteryman
Use this hacks.ini

Step 7- Load SM 4.3 and enjoy your hacked wii
Press Home
Select "Exit to System Menu" - Press A
System Menu 4.3 loads, enjoy your HBC, cIOS, and Loaders

Optional Priiloader Settings-
Hold reset and boot the wii, Priiloader loads

-Autoboot to HBC- Click settings, set auto-boot and return to HBC. Your wii now boots to HBC.
-
Autoboot to USBloader-GX- click load/install, install usbloader-gx.dol, goto settings, set autoboot/return to installed file. Your boots into usbloader-gx. This is great for kids.
You can auto-boot to any app you like.

cIOSCORP/DARKCORP users-
You can restore your CORP to a functional status by installing cIOS80-v6174.zip with a wadmanger
Go Here to see it

Again Mauifrog has posted a softmod for virgin 4.3 wii's,seems to work but i'm sure it can be simplified in time
You can view it here

just did the nieces Wii, took a bit of work, but with all the other problems that i have seen here, i managed to change a few things that were giving hassle and get it working. i had brought the super smash bros brawl game with me to england, but when i got there i saw that it was only for a NTSC fix, i brought the Wii home and i now have it fixed. thank god the childs grandparents are going over next week :grin:

by the way sinno, do you know if the 4.1 wad you gave me previously will bring the wii back, or should i just leave well enough alone??

Leave well enough alone wheelo m8,if there is one thing for sure downgrading is a mine field,you could end up in allsorts,the lego indiana would have done for you over,you could have rented it,glad to hear its running

couldn't find it in the local blockbusters, they had a second hand copy for £20, and the wheelo said no thanks

Good News here but PATIENCE required.
This comes from a hackmii blog
Code:
http://hackmii.com/2010/06/system-menu-4-3-update/#comment-6377

dhewg // Jul 15, 2010 at 2:40 am

While I agree with some statements made in the comments, I disagree with others.
We do want to support our software. Just because we didn’t release a new version yet doesn’t mean there is none in the works.

We want to make our installer compatible with as many Wiis as possible, and that alone involves alot of work and testing.
Example: We rely on IOS hacks to get HBC on your Wii. There’re alot of IOS version out there, and every version has multiple revisions. And don’t forget about multiple regions, where one doesn’t have the same IOS set available as another. That’s a shitload of combinations we have to support, so I hope you all understand what pain in the ass it is sometimes to cook a release that just works ™ for everyone. But we try

About release timing:
As with the System menu 4.2 update, 4.3 didn’t bring any new features.
You do not have to update.
You know that 4.3 will remove the current HBC version.
If you update 4.3, its not our fault that you don’t have a working HBC.
You do not have to update.

With that in mind, we used the opportunity to implement some new features instead of releasing immediately. There’s already a fully working installer compatible with 4.3 on all regions. Actually, it works on more Wiis compared to our last release. Some bits are still missing, but we’re slowly getting there.

Give us a little more time for a public release, we can only work on it in our spare time. Just don’t expect us to stop making fun of Ninty, we’re just here for the lulz.

must say sinno, though i have seen impatience elsewhere, there are some incredibly cranky people on that forum, what do they think the coders do all day with their free softmods?? work at them to the detriment of their families?? I think that people were given enough warning not to update to 4.3. The message is clear, instal priiloader/preloader and just dont update.

Could'nt agree more wheelo,and everyone i know knows not to update,its nearly the first rule of modding

i got the "OH MY GOD" phonecall today, a friend from work was doing a virgin Wii and updated because he thought it would go to 4.2, and now he couldnt follow the tutorial that i showed him.

I have just spent 3 1/2 hours doing a virgin 4.3, following each step minutely, this fix does work, but it is a hassle in comparison to the usual hackmii installer. needless to say, i have put on the priiloader.

Great news for the 4.3 situation
Source

A post from another site
HackMii Installer v0.7
July 26th, 2010 by dhewg · 1 Comment
After more than four weeks we believe we’ve finally reached the point for the next public release of the HackMii Installer: v0.7.

A lot of changes and improvements went into this release. After quite some headaches and a few puzzles (thanks Erant!) we stockpiled over 250 commits since v0.6, increasing the compatibility with even more Wiis.

The installer now works completely differently, The Homebrew Channel got a few new features and a new look, and BootMii received a fair amount of minor improvements too.

Next to the usual minor fixes, these are the changes worth mentioning:

HackMii Installer (v0.7)

■New exploit to enable (un-) installation of all components on fully updated Wiis (up to, and including System Menu v4.3).
■Proper support for all regions, including KOR.
■General overhaul: the installer now requires BootMii/IOS to function. It will automatically be installed upon startup – either if BootMii/IOS is not installed or if it is older than the version this release comes with.
■DVDX died a horrible death. Rumor has it that someone dropped a snapple bottle on its head.
■Additional installer binary bootmini.elf, see the included README.txt for more infos.
BootMii beta 5 (v1.2):

■Compatible with more SD cards.
■New font, borrowed from the deceased Twilight Hack.
■The button combination when restoring a NAND backup with only BootMii/IOS was impossible to perform with some pads. It has been changed to the Konami Code.
The Homebrew Channel (v1.0.7):

■New title id to circumvent its deletion by System Menu v4.3.
■New look from our favorite pixel artist drmr.
■Both views now show five rows of application entries.
■On-NAND settings.
The selected device, sort order, view and application are saved. Settings are restored when reentering HBC.
The settings can be deleted via the System Menu’s Data Management.
■HBC now has the HW_AHBPROT flags set for direct hardware access, thus replacing DVDX.
■Ability to not reload IOS when launching an application.
This effectively means that loaded applications inherit the title id, gaining direct hardware access via HW_AHBPROT.
To use this feature, add <no_ios_reload/> to the <app> node in your meta.xml file.
wiiloaded binaries automatically gain direct hardware access.
libogc SVN (starting with r4166) has been extended for this feature. DI_Init() will detect if an application has been launched this way, and DVD access should just work without any changes to your code.
■USB access is more stable, thanks to tueidj
■Fixed the retry mechanism for the network initialization.
■Fixed some rare hangs upon launch and exit (Hopefully all of them).
■A little surprise, to be announced soon. Refrain from bugging us about it, you’ll know soon enough
If you have installed HBC v1.0.7, it is safe to update your Wii to System Menu v4.3.

Please note that HBC’s update check now contains data in the referrer string unique to each Wii. It’s sole purpose is for anonymous usage statistics.

Before asking questions, please read the included README files. You will also find information about how to report problems and encountered bugs.

Thanks to all the beta testers, it’s been a long ride.

Either grab the new installer here, or use the HBC online update (a confirmation dialog should pop up when launching an older version of HBC).

As always: Please link to this post instead of mirroring the binary, thanks.

Enjoy.

well done those guys(y)

I opened the homebrew channel today and updated the HBC as per the update notifier, the question is, should i have re-loaded the hackmii as both boot 2 and as an ios or will the current one do?? second, I was give the option of uninstalling the DVDX but didn't, now i have never played a DVD through the Wii, should i uninstall it?

cheers:taz:

Last edited:
It always is a good idea to re do boot2,the ios also but not realy necessary if you have boot2 ,also you coulld re do your nand backup,give it a while as is and do it then if your happy,i have never used dvdx so get rid if you want

Back