PS3 JailBreak-Medal of Honor-3.50 Update On Disc

axxxo

VIP Member
It's not quite a common practice just yet, but it looks like the PlayStation 3 could be following in the PSP's footsteps in order to get around folks jailbreaking the device. As MCV reports, anyone buying Electronic Arts' new "Medal of Honor" game will first have to update their PS3 to the latest 3.50 firmware (conveniently provided on the disc) before playing -- that firmware also, of course, has the convenient side effect of blocking the ability to jailbreak the console. No word on any other games that will follow suit, but we have sneaking suspicion that this is something PS3 users will have to get used to.

from engadget

I have read that there is one plus side to this as some people say updating from the net through the ps3 is a pain in the ass lol

Nintendo have been doing this for a long time on the Wii, but those clever people keep coming up with ways around this. I know that the ps3 is a far superior system and has just been broken, but i am sure they will keep working at keeping one step ahead of Sony. let's hope so anyway

Gran Tourismo 5 has been delayed again for sony to put 3.50 on around 7 million copies of the game,i think medal of honour is running rather limited on jailbroken 3.41,they rushed the firmware for it to 3.42 so it is patchable,everything before october should work,Mathieulh has discovered some level 2 requests to make games run,he doesnt support piracy but the information he is revealing is huge and in the right hands,this is going to be epic

Back