Question about channel consistency

saltzaf

Hello!

I have had IPTV for years now but I have always been curious about a few things, please forgive my ignorance:

1) In the same server, how come some UHD channels (BT, Sky) work flawlessly, while some lower bitrate channels freeze. Shouldn't the same server that can push out 12 000 kb/s not struggle with 3000kb/s ? This happens especially with beIN sports and some international channels (Canada, France, US)
2) Some channels indicate 4k, or even FHD (even in codec details), but it's blurry as sh*t and of course I can't even see the players jersey number on a pitch. Is this common ? I have in my experience never had a flawless actual 4k stream of beIN during peak hours.
3) Regarding point 2, I also feel like those channels dynamically lower the resolution during peak hours, is that a thing ? This never happens with Sky and BT

Thank you!

P.S : I use Firestick 4k with Tivimate, I am not in a country that has ISP throttles or blocks, and I am not super far from the UK

I made a post earlier

1. Genral streaming should be in movie mode.

2 sports and 4k should be dynamic mode.

Hello Mike!
I made a post earlier

1. Genral streaming should be in movie mode.

2 sports and 4k should be dynamic mode.
I did see your post. This is not a matter of movie/dynamic mode, the channel indicates 1080p, or even 4k, but the image is genuinely 480 to 720p, it's a matter of bad upscaling
Thank you though!

If the app is showing its a 4k stream it normally is. as its pulling codec from panel.

It will normally say in the right hand corner if it's UHD or 4K.

I normally watch in 50fps for sport with correct settings etc. The picture is excellent.

Bein 4K Sports Channel has always had no stable channel. I mean the real 4K50F, and currently only the 4K30F images in the Arab region can be seen, with very poor performance and frequent downtime.
From a sustainability perspective, it's not as good as the 1080P channel. Fortunately, many other true 4K channels also offer the same event at the same time, so you can have better choices.

Back