question about new box

macrex

hi, ive just got a vu+ solo 2. great box just cant get my cams working. Im useing this image Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall i have ftpd over the 2 files newcamd.list and mg_cfg to var/keys.rebooted box and router. pressed blue button and started mgcamd 1.38 still nothing. any help would be great

you are using a nline ? is the line entered correctly and saved,your cam has a green tick and set to auto start?

yes have them saved as newcamd.list and mg_cfg. when i press the blue button have mgcamd 1.38 started it just says ecm info not available?

dont think you can see ecm data with nline only cline.do a network test on box to see if all green,wonder is a clone box running blackhole?

did a network test all green. its not a clonebox either its original vu+ solo 2. have used my nline on a skybox a3 works perfect just cannot get it to work on this box?

any other cams showing ? where did the cams come from?with vix they come from download plugins and not by an ipk file loaded to temp.

yeah have CCcam_2.3.0, oscam-svn9842/CCcam-2.1.3 and mgcamd 1.38, says under that 4 cams installed. they were all there on the backup image of blackhole i installed

i know with vix its best to start from scratch so as not using restore to put things back that mess up box.having other cams running will stop mg cam from running and working.

cccam is to do with clines only.

ok i will try vix. will do a fresh install and let you know

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 PM ----------

have it flashed its kust doing a channel search now.what will i do next after install just insatll cam and try it?

---------- Post Merged at 01:32 PM ----------

ok have vix installed, downloaded mgcamd 1.38 ftpd over the 2 files still getting nothing?

after you flashed box ,did you download plugins first?, i never do a channel search as i use autobouquetmaker when setup correctly to scan.then add 2 files to usr/keys and reboot box blue button activate and start 1,38 and it should also have auto start.

yes downloaded the plugins and used autobouquets for the channel lists. added files rebooted box.still nothing.the lines are working fine on my other box?

i only have 1 feed in at the min.still have to run another cable.no hdd yet so dont need to record yet.yes got well over 570 to scan.sent you a PM

Ok will write everything down that i did. Got my new vu+ solo 2 box. First installed Blackhole 2.1.5 Solo2 Full Backup Image by mckee25 off linux sat support site. Flashed box went through usual setup, tuners, channel search, auto bouqet, did network check everything working fine could few FTA channels knew everything was setup ok. The blackhole backup image already had the softcams installed. Connected to the box through dreambox control center FTPd over the two files newcamd.list and mg_cfg into var/keys. Pressed blue button made sure mgcamd 1.38 was running rebooted box and router. None of the channels will work. Have the same line running fine on my other box. I have done a few boxes the same way and have had no problems.

I then tried re flashing the box with the latest vix image. Went through setup same again then manually downloaded the softcam mgcamd 1.38, FTPd the files, blue button start cam autostart enabled rebooted box and router still nothing. Also tryed getting a differant test line off another fella tryed that and tryed a C line also saved as CCcam.cfg put in the etc folder, with CCcam 2.1.3 but still nothing. Its driving me mad at this stage, just dont know what im missing:beg: Thats evrything i think. Heads just melted now trying to figure out what im doing wrong. Thanks cactikid for all your help so far.

---------- Post Merged at 11:37 PM ----------

Just something else i thought of. I am looping through tuner B because only have 1 sat wire at the min. I was waiting till i got a hdd installed then would run second cable so i can record and watch at the same time. Would this be causing an issue in some way with my line not working on the box?? Just an idea?

Last edited:
you should be able to view freesat but what i cannot figure out is why line does not show when entered as its in the newcamd.list and seen if you want to edit it and saved and exit out.on my boxes pressing ok button twice shows server,but not with his line:fartlight: ok folks he needs help any ideas?

Back