Recommend a box

Ahh you got me there, lol never done that but thinking about it I don't see why not, your recording what your watching so there is no tuner conflict same as sky. I've just said how I set my box up for recording but you can set it up differently so you can do the watch/record thing

Not sure why you would record what your watching though :)

I guess I should point out these are not skybox clones, these are independant boxes and you will loose some of the sky only features if you switch. Yes you can make it look almost like sky with blue HD or skyskin and you get twin tuner like sky but these are not skyboxes and so some give and take must be accepted, this applies to all the boxes not just Xpeed.

Last edited:
Ahh you got me there, lol never done that but thinking about it I don't see why not, your recording what your watching so there is no tuner conflict same as sky. I've just said how I set my box up for recording but you can set it up differently so you can do the watch/record thing

Not sure why you would record what your watching though :)

I guess I should point out these are not skybox clones, these are independant boxes and you will loose some of the sky only features if you switch. Yes you can make it look almost like sky with blue HD or skyskin and you get twin tuner like sky but these are not skyboxes and so some give and take must be accepted, this applies to all the boxes not just Xpeed.

No I'm not fussed about all the sly features. I can access catch up with my HTPC. I'll miss he remote record app but I'll live. Besides that as long as there's a decent EPG. And recording I'm fine.

Why record what I'm watching? Because I'm not the only person who uses the box. Tonight I watched masterchef but recorded it too for my Aunty to watch tomorrow because she wasn't in as it was broadcast and she doesn't know how to use the catch up features to access it via iPlayer. So it's just easier to record it.

The new price from wos does make the xpeed really attractive. Im a tinkerer too so dont mind the headaches that will im sure eventually be caused in a few years when zgemma support stops like with the old ibox 2. Qnd the two years warranty is a no brainer.

If you are only looking for one box at home id go for the xpeed myself.
and for the moral image problem bees kind of mentioned he has a great point.
Horses for courses. And with that in mind £40 is worth all that ease and security.

---------- Post Merged at 11:52 PM ----------

With the twin sat enigma2 boxs (any of them) you can record 2. Watch a recording or even a third channel (only a few) all at the same time. Or record 2 and stream something. Really good.

---------- Post Merged on 27-03-2015 at 12:40 AM ----------

Also for remote record see here.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/67912-remote-h1.html

In the app on android/iios u can record/view use as remote etc.

Will work with mentioned boxs

Lyceum I can say its recording is good, recorded many things and its always worked perfect, no glitches or anything, the fast forward runs great to skip the adverts just like sky (2x, 4x, 8x....) So now I see why you would record while watching :) good point and yes it will do that, tested it this morning lol

Lyceum I can say its recording is good, recorded many things and its always worked perfect, no glitches or anything, the fast forward runs great to skip the adverts just like sky (2x, 4x, 8x....) So now I see why you would record while watching :) good point and yes it will do that, tested it this morning lol

Thanks!

Still not sure what to do.

One of the things drawing me to the zgemma is sucmnsee's back up image. Flash it. Add line and off I go.

I've no idea how to set up autobouquet maker (tried to remove HD channels on my last box before it broke but even though I had SD selected it listed most HD channels first) and cccam. And it all seems a bit daunting.

But on the other hand learning how to do so on a box that isn't just plug and play wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sorry. I know I'm an indecisive cow!

I've made a backup image just like sucmnsee's for the Xpeed LX2, located in the forum, just flash it, add your line and off you go.

Back