Recording off Zgemma and then playing the recording on laptop??

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
Has anyone tried to record a film and then take out the usb and put it on the laptop to watch?
I've been thinking about this and I've not tried it because I've set my usb to the Zgemma box and didn't want to take it out to have to format again and then set up again for EPG guide..

if you format usb= blank screen cometh to you,if you put box ip in browser can you then play films from there.
i remember samba and nfs used to play from your network setup.

Both ways seem like good ideas if I was to use filezilla what folder would I need to look for? also would this method remove the recording from the box? or is this just the same as copy and pasting but your just dragging the file off the box?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oh I forgot.. USB is formatted to Fat32

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
normally they are recorded in hdd/movies and then right click and download to location on laptop. This will copy the file and not remove it from box

That is too cool to be true.. need a 2nd line from my dish now. Thanks my good people. You know your stuff.. We learn something new everyday.

Great news this is, the amount of things i record for others and hang onto for ages. Also read its better to format the drive to NTFS than Fat32 as Fat32 files only record up to 4gb. So a 2 hour film in hd would get cut off. Can anyone confirm this?

Trying the same thing - record onto flash drive and then put that into laptop to play back a movie later. Formatted drive to NTFS but still wont play back onto laptop - what am I doing wrong? Bought the drive for this purpose so its not been used for anything else. Tech thickie so plain instructions please!!!

Trying the same thing - record onto flash drive and then put that into laptop to play back a movie later. Formatted drive to NTFS but still wont play back onto laptop - what am I doing wrong? Bought the drive for this purpose so its not been used for anything else. Tech thickie so plain instructions please!!!

when you initialise the usb on box it most probably changes it to ext3, or 4
windows cant read ext file systems, its a Linux format,
easiest way is install samba on your box, then look in network on your laptop, and your box should show,
click it and it should show root and HDD, click HDD then movies, you can then copy the files onto your laptop,
I use Linux OS on my computers, but I imagine windows should be similar.

when you initialise the usb on box it most probably changes it to ext3, or 4
windows cant read ext file systems, its a Linux format,
easiest way is install samba on your box, then look in network on your laptop, and your box should show,
click it and it should show root and HDD, click HDD then movies, you can then copy the files onto your laptop,
I use Linux OS on my computers, but I imagine windows should be similar.
Brilliant - Ill try that and see what happens Thanks a lot

Back