Recording on a Twin Tuner using VIX

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

This is probably straight forward for anyone with an E2 twin sat tuner running VIX.

I have just set up a gigablue for a friend, he lives miles away so I don't want to have
to go and tweek any settings after I give him the box if I can help it.

The box defaults to tuner A from the EPG for selecting channels to watch.

In the menu,

Menu - Set up - System - Customise

I have set

Preferred tuner from auto to A

and

Preferred tuner for recording from auto to B

So it doesn't lock up tuner A when the box is recording, is this correct ?

It seems to make sense to me but I have split my shotgun cable which now feeds two different
rooms, so I can't test the recording function is working how I would expect.

Any help would be great

cheers

bees

on my twins i had 2 feeds on 28.2 and setup as simple and single and both show 28.2 underneath ,sent you a link to use on pm lol

bloody hell will people not learn only having one feed ,i have 3 cos im mad lol

Yeah, I have my tuners set the same.

I didn't know if it automatically switched to tuner B if tuner A was recording, or vise versa.

Or if it chose tuner A to record, how I selected tuner B to watch during recording.

as long as 2 feeds are the same it will switch to either but to test would need 2 feeds together,then the hassle starts when you have a motorised setup added lol.on the duo i never say use tuner a or b ,if both are recording i can watch my recordings on hdd.

I will pass the box on as it is set at the mo, if there are any problems I can tell him to switch back to auto, thanks for your help.

I am running a combo so it seems to record off cable first then I have to switch it to sat manually
if I want to view during recording.

It would be better to leave the box set to Auto if only using one sat being used 28.2 east. if you had 2 dishes with a switch unit or a motorised dish then probably better to fix for recording tuner B, and use tuner A to control the switch or motor units.

I have a solo2 twin tuner runing vix, I could only get both working correctly with both tuners set the same, 28.2 and had to use oscam to get the record one or two channels at same time to work correctly, mgcam1.38 worked but was not stable enough, oscam been perfect since.

I am running an N line in mgcam1.38 too, I will see how it goes

It works on my miraclebox without any issues.

Back