red light fix for starview 7

rodz1983

hi all ,
i was having the problem where just a red light was shown on the front pannel and none of the methods people sugested worked as if the box was dead , now its fixed and working great and this is what you will need and how to do it yourself if you are having the same problem ,
-rs232 lead
-Flash Wizard Pro 6.3
first install Flash Wizard Pro 6.3 (i know this program is for dreambox but trust me it works) on a computer with a rs232 port ,
next connect sv7 box to computer using rs232 lead
then power on your box so the red light shows
now start up Flash Wizard Pro on computer
click on configuration and utilities on left side
now click format CF in the utilities section
your sv7 box should now be powered up showing green lights :happy:
now power off box and disconnect rs232 lead and exit the program on your computer
your sv7 box should now work as it did before and you can install new firmware .
(y) hope this helps (y)

hi rod nice 1 mate must of took a lot of your time to nail this much appreciated will try on my old sv7 just a quickie mate couldnt find the flash wizard in downloads ,where did you get it from(you may need to pm me again) again nice1 rod for letting the community know about the fix cheers!!!!!

cant believe ive pressed "dislike this post" wot a plonker ,sorry dude

hi , i got the flash wizard program from a toolbar on the web , maybe one of the moderators could add it to download section if possable , i have the setup file on laptop so i could upload it or email it for people to use

Thanks, I tried what you said but I get error mesage showing:

Unable to connect to address 192.168.1.24 please check connection parameters.

is there anything that I need to do as I think it's trying to communicate via lan?

it should work fine if you follow the steps in post 1 exactly , after you press 'format cf' do not press ok on computer just turn box off and unplug rs232 lead ,

would this work on the starview hd combo do u think ,picked up 1 with the red light problem very cheaply and the usual fix wont work thanks for post and all your good work

its worth a try gaspa1969 nothing to loose if its already broke , post back how you get on with it for others to know , im assuming you have already tried the svhd+ fix tool ?

i think some people get a bit lost when hitting the thanks button etc,can you edit what you meant so you can change it.
starview not connecting may be not entered the 1819 on the channel ,or failed to power off box modem and router for 30 secs.
the hd combo does not work on cable i presume you know that,have a look in the sat section for that box there may be more info there.:)

Last edited:
i cant get it to work lol i do as you say but not having it the green light came on for about 5 min then off again what operating system are you using?

dont ask how but i did it many thanks to RODZ1983

Starview has done it again red light on looks like some of the lcd is showing part off letters not full letters this happened when i turned box off at the mains?

any idea guys

Last edited:
hi , i have now also been having the same problem ellen and have had to do the fix each time , it seems after half hour or so of being unplugged it reverts back to not booting up just showing red light again , i would suggest once you get it working leave it switched on at main socket

i just cant get it to work now it lights up red and green with some green lines and nothing lol looks like a door stop

Help :dunno:what sort of rs232 lead are you using? male to female or male to usb? looked around and there are quite alot of different ones.

it works after you do what it says in post 1 turn off and leave for 5-10 min should do the job i have done mine

Rodz1983 said it was rs232 serial null modem cable female to female that i needed, sure its not male to female if i have a laptop?

maybe another type of cable will work im not sure and can not confirm if it will work or not , give it a try and post back for others to know , i suggest using an old pc with an rs232 port on running windows xp and follow instructions in first post

Hi rodz1983

I have try it many time still won't work . I have rs232 card , rs232 cable and flash wizard v6.3 software.
rs232 card is com1 port ,flash wizard connecting parameters is name , ip , login and password it can't communicate to com1 ?
I not understand it if flash wizard choose com1 port it will working with rs232 card on com1 port.
Let me know what do ?
thanks for your help cheers

Back