Remote Control

rsnw25624

Hi guys

I'm very new to all of this and just wondering if there is a lot of problems with the remote that comes with the box?

I'm getting nothing out of mine. I've checked that the batteries are touching the terminals and are the right way round but nothing...

Any suggestions or do I send it back?

Cheers in advance

Have you tried fresh batteries just in case as No problems reported so far with them

Use you phone camera to look at the IR LED of the remote control when you press any button on the remote. If the remote is working you will see the IR led flashing on the camera phone screen.

If you see no flashing with new batteries inserted then the remote is dead and needs replacing ( or repair ).

If it is working then try it the remote from about 1 meter away for the box to see if it operates it. If this doesn't work then the box itself has some problem.

I have a Skybox F5 and thought for ages that the remote control was a bit dodgy but I have a Logitech Harmony setup for the Skybox also and it too struggles to operate the F5. I sometimes have to be 1-1.5m away for it to work. F5 seems to have a really bad IR receiver. I may try to swap it out at some stage.

Back