Rename Box after Vix Online update

boobishabang

TK Veteran
Any one know where to do this? after doing an over the air update on Vix its see's the box as a Mut@nt 2400, I'm guessing there are some xml files somewhere to alter the text fields back to Zgemma.H2S anyone come across them?

Did you manage to find out how to do this boobishabang? I've looked through the files but couldn't find anything?

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

Just had another look and in etc there's a file named image-version, if you open it in notepad you can amend the box type, I would try myself but I can't online update from 037 to 4.0 02 and my box is already named zgemma but it might be worth looking into yourself, let me know if it works.

Can be done from within VIX: Menu - Setup - System - Network - Mounts setup - Mounts manager - Change host name - OK - on screen keyboard opens, select "all" to highlight old name, then type over it.
Green to save. Network Restarts - Exit now.

it can't be done like that, all it does is just change the name of the box on your network, not the actual name of the box on the menu screens.

as you own a clone box that has updated an original image,i would feel safer in reflashing box with patched images.

changing a name on what box is called means nothing but the damaging files it has downloaded can or may brick your box.
better start doing more research on what you bought to stay safe.

My understanding is that as the VIX images for Zgemma's are patched, they should not be updated OTA as they will brick your box.
My advice would be to backup your settings, download the latest VIX image on here made specifically for you box and flash that.
You can then restore your settings from your backup and away you go.

Possibly better still, would be to install Wooshman's OpenATV image. That can be updated OTA to the latest nightly version without fear of buggering up your box.

Kieron

Last edited:
Back