Replacement Battery

Never seen the battery on eBay before - I wouldn't trust any guarantee from an eBay store though... what's to say they wont shut up shop or re-brand etc. on a regular basis then you have the issue of returning the battery if it's not local.

There's this from euro car parts which comes in £93.86p after discount has been applied - not as long guarantee but simple enough to return to store if there's ever an issue.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...ar-lighting/car-battery/?444770191&0&cc5_1001

The only thing I notice is, it's slightly longer at 35.3cm where the original is 31cm so the battery tray may not accommodate it.

You could also try ringing around local car parts stores.

Apologies, Just read this about your original battery;

"Remember that this an AGM (Absorbent Glass Matt) Battery and cannot be replaced by a normal lead acid plate type."

So, the one from ECP isn't relevant - the one on eBay is ok though but as said, guarantee isn't worth much.

Apologies, Just read this about your original battery;

"Remember that this an AGM (Absorbent Glass Matt) Battery and cannot be replaced by a normal lead acid plate type."

So, the one from ECP isn't relevant - the one on eBay is ok though but as said, guarantee isn't worth much.

Thanks, I was just going to point out it was an AGM type.I did see that one from europarts but noticed its not AGM so was struggling to find an equivalent.

OK, I got the battery listed above.
Supplier confirmed it was compatible with the car.
I managed to fit it in a few minutes once the cover was off.
The only thing I needed to do afterwards was manually close the mirrors to reset them so they would open and close automatically with the remote again.

That's good news then - hopefully you don't ever have to call upon the "guarantee" :)

Hopefully won't need the guarantee but at nearly half the price it was worth going for it. I think it will be ok because they are giving a five year guarantee.

Reactions: ste
Back