Required Broadband Speed

Bewsy

I am about to purchase a Zgemma h.2s however something concerning me is that I live in a very rural part of the country and my broadband isn't all that great. Sometimes when I do a speed check it is less than 2mb. Will this have a negative impact on the operation of the receiver?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

In theory if your connection is stable it will work, i had a situation where my speed (long story) dropped down to 1mb, i only noticed because my laptop wouldn't connect and the TV stayed on!
I would buy a openbox to start with £35, plus a line. Its got to worth a trial(y)

Well when I first got my box my top speed was between 2-3mb played ok most days but had some days when it was terrible to watch kept freezing every couple of secs made it to hard to watch any progs but luckily my fibre was due and now get about 40mb and it plays great. Just thinking I was also using a sky wireless box but have now changed that to a ethernet cable plugged straight into router so that helps as well.

Think it only uses a constant trickle of data to decrypt the signal, remember reading somewhere its only around 20-40mb per month

For decryption its not really the speed that is important but the ping / latency to the provider. So providing thats ok should be fine

if it helps I can only get 1.1mbps (yes I know) and It works fine as above said my ping is pretty low and stable mind

Back