RIP Gizmo :(

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Had a horrid day today. Had to make a choice and end Gizmos life. Doesnt feel like it BUT i know it was the correct decision for him.

Gizmo my Chameleon has been poorly for some time. Last night was so upsetting i decided to make another vets appt for today. I didnt want to make it because i knew the outcome would be sad.

He has been suffering with Gout for a couple of months and progressively got worse. Reason he suffered with gout is he would not eat any veggies and was getting to much of the wrong type of proteins. He calcium levels were fine but his vitamins were low again due to his fussy eating. He would only eat wax worms.

But over recent weeks he has lost weight and was refusing to eat anything. Due to the lack of food vits etc his strength suffered and he was unable to climb or use his left from leg - then it went to his back left leg.
I was giving him meds via syringe but they were not making him any better, i was also syringe feeding him some critical care ( full of everything he needed). But again it was not fair to force his mouth open and put the syringe in to feed him. If i didnt give him the ********** he started loosing weight - which meant when the ********** had finished he would have still been weak and lsot weight and he refused to eat. I even went online to get him some expensive butter worms ( which are not easy to get in the UK)

So after me & George stood in the vets talking to her we agreed with what she said that it would be much kinder for him to let him sleep. So he is now not suffering any more pain or struggling to move. :(

He is now in the Garden - our very own Rainbow Bridge Area with his other friends, all nice and warm and cosy!

Here are a couple of pics and short vid of him taken last night.
When you see the 2 minute video you will see how much he was struggling.

Problem is with reptiles they have no voice so cannot let you know if they are unwell like a cat or dog.
83f8730a.jpg

370d847a.jpg

[video=youtube;8E2ELeCQEFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2ELeCQEFU[/video]

here are a couple from a few weeks back
16572254.jpg

0a0a910d.jpg

8374543a.jpg

As I said elsewhere sorry to hear this sad news, but after watching the vid, you done (although it may not feel like it) the right thing Lin :(

he has no more pain or suffering and may he now RIP

thinking of you :kiss:

I also am so sorry to hear this news Linny, I am the softest person in the world and believe me when I say I am saddened.

RIP Gizmo :(

Last edited:
i feel your pain,i lost my friend of 16 years during the, a yorkie X, she was 2nd hand when i got her, a mind reader she was, and oh so loyal as i have foud out about all rescued dogs.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Linny, as said it looked like you did the right thing. RIP Gizmo.

Thanks Guys xxx this morning was hard - going into the reptile room and his were the only lights not on :( But i looked out the window and saw him waiting for the sun to come over him

Back