Running 2 subs

jorkila

Hi guys, my f5s came with a "12 month free gift" and so far so good!!
Only hangup was it didn't come with box office/ppv or adult channels, so I paid £5 for a 3 month sub which supposedly came with everything, admittedly I'm quite green to all this and I was sceptical about it all!!
I was given cline details which I entered but because I have a sub already running which I believe is an nline sub is there any way of switching between the two?
Thanks in advance, Rob.

Hi.

Some people might disagree but i have 2 x clines and 2x nlines all from different servers on each of my boxs.All lines are active at the same time.I find it doesnt affect my viewing.What i find is that the box uses 1 line most of the time but when i switch to say sentanta sports which one of my providers doesnt have, then my skybox f5s just connects to another line that does provide that channel..

Quick answer to your question, is look on here for trusted provider and have both lines active..And it should auto switch between lines

If both lines are in the cccam plug in all you need to do is untick the line you dont want to use and reboot your box

The box came with a sub and the only line in the ccam is the line i put in myself so i'm at a loss how to actually check that the new sub is actually legit :-(

If your line in not in the cccam plug in it must be in the Mg plug in to check to see its there menu/camds set up/ Mgcamd plug set up/ manage config files// newcamd list you cannot swich it on/off only add or delete

I think I need to disable (but not lose the sub) the mgcamd sub so I can see if the ccam sub is legit or not but have no idea how?

The only way to do that is Dump the line by usb ( that way you have a copy of your line aswell) To do this Plug usb in back Go to Dump by usb, Dump Mode Misc Files, select and dump Sroll down to Newcamd list MG Plug ( no 11 ) add (green) then dump (Yellow) You should then have a copy of your line on usb Place in computer to check if it asks for programme to read it select Notepad then save to a folder You can then Delete it from your box and check your other line Then reload it

Hi, does anyone know how to stop the channel changing on Skybox when searching the guides.. I want to see what's on other channels without it actually changing channel...

Hi, does anyone know how to stop the channel changing on Skybox when searching the guides.. I want tsum to know what's on other channels without it actually changing channel...

If you have f5s or f3s then you can download 5 day epg just go to system settings then epg switch to internet and turn summer time on and update you may need to download firmware from slybox.cc it'll be epg bug fix you will also need to leave usb in.

Hi.

Some people might disagree but i have 2 x clines and 2x nlines all from different servers on each of my boxs.All lines are active at the same time.I find it doesnt affect my viewing.What i find is that the box uses 1 line most of the time but when i switch to say sentanta sports which one of my providers doesnt have, then my skybox f5s just connects to another line that does provide that channel..

Quick answer to your question, is look on here for trusted provider and have both lines active..And it should auto switch between lines

I haven't tried enabling more than 1 line myself, but how do you know that the box is selecting a different line?

Does the indicator in the info bar change from CCCam to MGcam (or vice versa) when you select Setanta?

I have all lines installed in cccam and when i switch channels it indicates on info bar if it is using cccam on ncamd...So when i switch to setanta it will go to ncamd as only my n lines has sentata access, and vice versa when i switch to other channels..I only use multiple lines as i dont want to rely on 1 server..And so far hardly ever $.And if one goes down other takes over..

Yep just noticed on most channels i get mgcamd in the bottom left and on the rest i get ccam so the second line must be working ;-)

What i find is that the box uses 1 line most of the time but when i switch to say sentanta sports which one of my providers doesnt have, then my skybox f5s just connects to another line that does provide that channel

Last edited by a moderator:
Back