s1k 1 HD v5.202 - some questions

chenks

TK Veteran
i just removed the old version of v5.0x skin i had installed (just deleted the folder /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd/)
rebooted, installed the new version v5.202, rebooted.
enabled the skin, but it seems to have restored/kept the settings from the version i uninstalled (i had set it to fade out the now/next screen but i'm sure isn't enabled by default on a clean skin install?)
are the user settings stored somewhere else?

also, i'm seeing some weird corruption on the main EPG screen - see screenshots
what might be causing this?

zgemma h2s / openatb/ wooshbuild 4.002 / slyk-1-hd v5.202

2rh9yxt.jpg

2cnflz8.jpg

Not seeing much wrong with the second other than the two selection never seen that
but the first if you are talking about the fuzzy text next to the yellow section bar
thats normal

The corruption you mention is nothing you've done, its a known issue which pops up sometimes and goes away itself without doing anything. The fade in/out you mention I believe is a setup setting and not a skin setting (although I could be wrong). So that is why you still have the setting.

fuzzy corrupted text is normal?
yeah the second one has half the items selected. i press EPG, it highlights SS1, i press down and it highlights SS2 but leave half of SS1 still highlighted in yellow.
can be produced every time at the moment.

however, the main query is regarding it maintaining the previous settings before uninstallation.

---------- Post Merged at 04:49 PM ----------

The corruption you mention is nothing you've done, its a known issue which pops up sometimes and goes away itself without doing anything. The fade in/out you mention I believe is a setup setting and not a skin setting (although I could be wrong). So that is why you still have the setting.

ah ok i thought that was a skin setting

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ----------

so is there a way to revert those setup settings back to stock?
i think i changed a few in both "usage & GUI" and "EPG".

Just to confirm, your top picture is just a general bug on epg. Its more noticeable on my skin as the select bar has the colours reversed out so its very obvious when it happens. The second fault i have never seen happen.
As for settings there is no particular easy way to revert to stock settings (you can actually amend the settings file, but I don't recommend it). It literally takes a few mins just to go through customise and osd settings menus and re-amend them all if you are not liking the settings you have changed them to

yeah, problem is i can't remember which ones i tinkered with and what the stock setting would be :whistling:
i think the second fault might have been because the current program was on for several hours (it was the golf). it doesn't seem to do it for normal length programs.
i was replicating it by viewing SS4 and pressing down to highlight SS5. it's not doing it now as the current programs aren't as long as the one i was testing it with.

In reality chenks, ignore stock settings. Everyone uses there box different, everyone has different preferences. Everyone should go through every single menu option when they first install a new build and personalise all the settings to their preference.
If nothing else you get to learn more about what your box can and can't do. And it will also aid you with future problems if you know where everything lives.

I have seen that second EPG pic bug happen quite a few times but thought it was a known bug and everybody had it happen, guess not lol

Back