satalite motor help

telstar01

Hi would be gratefull for some help i have a z h7s and an hh motor on dish
i have looked at videos for setting it up and have it tracking satalites from 39 east to 30 west ok
but a lot of the time the dish wont move untill i send command 4 plus time and somtimes have to reset the reciever
anyone any ideas thanks

ill try thanks and let you know i also find when i goto sat positioner it doesnt always move on fine movment or searck untill i reset box

If I remember there were issues on that stb, and some got round it with different lnb and or images.

Hi at the moment its moving to both horizontal and vertical but i must admit when i have trouble with it i get better results on horizontal seem to be a lot worse when weather is cold could it be lubricant oil whatever in motor needs changing or is it a sealed unit thanks

ok thanks but dont think its lnb as i have had a few different ones and same problem im on latest openvix image at the moment i did try another one fair few months back but i could try another image again cheers

There is only a limited amount of milliamps out from the H7

If the total amount of your motor and LNB exceeds this is can cause problems just like your isssue.

There are a few things you can do though to help it.

If you have a few LNB's take a look at the manufacturer specs and use one that uses the least amperage.

If your coax has joins or is on the old side or poor quality, replace that.

I went to the extreme of installing heavy-duty low loss WF125 Ct125 cable to overcome this issue in the past, and it worked.

And put a horizontal channel at number 1 for each sat , H takes 18volts so that may be enough oomph to get it moving.

thank you all for help i have just tried going to channels with horizontal polorisation from sat to sat only refused twice but for some reason better when weather is a bit warmer final question should i increase voltagein tuner setup as i have that option cheers

Back