Satellite broadband

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find a satellite dish that I can use for running internet through a dish, but all I can find is the companies who are selling the full packages.

the dish and equipment used by satellite broadband service providers is all different, from the rf head end (dish transmitter and receiver) to the dish size (satellite footprint), to the indoor equipment (satellite modem), it all must match and each service provider uses their own equipment.

Speeds up to 20mb/s are available usually 1mb up, download limits are really low 30gb p/m, lag is really bad, and installation costs can be expensive, the installation of this equipment is not exaclty diy, alot of providers use 10' east some do use 28.2east, dish size can be from 75cm up to 1.2 meter, this is very heavy gear not your standard sky style mesh dishes), depending on location. There ios alot more to it than just slapping up a dish pointing it at the correct satellite, the transmit part of it is critical for a good service,

if you have any direct questions pm me, I will be happy to answer.

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find a satellite dish that I can use for running internet through a dish, but all I can find is the companies who are selling the full packages.

Il know it's not a direct answer to your query , but the fact you're looking for internet through a dish suggests that you might be in a rural location with bad internet access, we're out in the country and have internet via external antenna (not sat), look at wireless internet service providers to see if there's coverage where you are...

Back