Satellite cable run

21sam

Hi I have a openbox running downstairs and I want to use one upstairs so do I use the loop on the box downstairs and run a cable upstairs or do I split the cable upstairs and run a spur into the upstairs room

Also if I use a 500gb hard drive to record onto is it ok with the NTFS format

Regards to you all

If you want to use both boxes at the same time, then you need another feed directly to the LNB on the dish. You cannot run 2 boxes at the same time using the LOOP output or by splitting the LNB cable.

My 250GB hard drive is formatted to NTFS with no problems.

If you want to use both boxes at the same time, then you need another feed directly to the LNB on the dish. You cannot run 2 boxes at the same time using the LOOP output or by splitting the LNB cable.
My 250GB hard drive is formatted to NTFS with no problems

Hi Kremmen thanks for the info its much appreciated.

Let me describe my situation I have just moved house and when we moved in there was a single sky cable going into a room at the front of the house.

But we had a new sky installation into a room at the back of the house with the new twin cable system with the sky box connected to this setup, but when the sky engineer did the installation he said he had left the single cable connected into the front of the house so we could if we wanted a smart TV in that room.

I currently have my openbox connected to this single cable and it works ok.

So my LMB has a twin cable going to my sky box and a single cable connected to my openbox so how many cables can I connect to a LMB

I would like to have a openbox upstairs if possible

So if I am not able to use the loop outlet to run another box what is it for please

Regards

You will need a cable from the LNB to each box.

Your skybox will need 2 conections.

So with what you have at the moment you have the choice of running a skybox and an open box

or two openboxes.

If you want to add an openbox to your existing setup you will need another cable running from the LNB

more than likely sky fit quad lnbs and are using 2 for their box + 1 feed to other box leaving a blank lnb to use new cable run to new room..

Thanks guys I will have to have a look in the LMB and see if there is a spare connection before I do anything else

Thanks again

You will certainly have another free port on the LNB if you currently have 3 LNB cables connected.

If you were only going to use 1 openbox at a time then you could use the loop output or a splitter, but each box sends it's own control signals to the LNB to select hi/lo band & H/V polarity. If you had 2 boxes connected to the same port, it would receive conflicting control signals.

Get a new LNB, they are less than £10 for a 4 port and you wont need to set your dish up, just becareful swaping them. I did it myself, took me 5 mins to swap the LNB then just ran new cable to the other boxes and within 1 hour all were running perfect.

How to install a new LNB:
You need to undo the F connector from the old LNB, this twists off like a screw. You may need to remove the old rubber boot or cut off any rubber sealing tape that has been fitted on the connector. The next stage is to remove the plastic pin from the boom arm and the LNB will simply slide out. The new LNB will slide in in place of the old one or clip over the arm if using the ERA adaptor. Once fitted the LNB is held in place by fitting the new plastic pin through the hole in the boom arm. The next stage is to make the connections to the four ports of the LNB. After fitting the cables pull down the cable shroud. The cable shroud is built into the body of the LNB and is pulled down around the connectors.

Plus all my cabling is outside, no splitters to break down, nice an d neat cabling so my house still looks neat and each box can send its own signal and get its own responce.

Last edited:
Back