SD card for EPG, Time shift & Swap file?

Would anyone recommend using an SD card class 10 (assume 4gb would be enough) for all the above & then an external hard drive for recordings? With everything on the hard drive means the drive is spinning constantly rather than being able to go into low power sleep mode. Is there any disadvantages to this setup or a better option?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

You would need to reduce the timeshift buffer down to an hour for a 4gb card, maybe less than an hour due to HD channels. Apart from that, for the rest it would be loads of space and as siilver said, you could put the picons on there too.

If you have a 4gig card lying about them fine, but of your buying a card, unless your insane enough to buy from Argos / Tesco / Asda etc, the difference in price between a 4 gig and a 32 gig is literally pennies these days.
A bit of future proofing may be best.

I would still use a 500gb ext hard drive for recordings it's just for the EPG, Swapfile etc that the 4gb card is for so didn't think it would need to be to big. When going through the wooshbuild setup would I leave the swap file as 256mb? Is time shift refer to being able to rewind or pause live TV?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I do not think 4gb would be sufficient for timeshift.
The minimum you can set for timeshift is 1 hour and that will be pushing it.
Bare in mind 4gb card will be about 3.6 useable, then you have your 250mb swap so your now at about 3.3gb.
Even for an hour of sd you will be pushing it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back