Seriously confused

mbath

TK Veteran
Hi All,

Desperately need some help. Thinking about getting the H2H box (Dad took my H2S) and I have a few questions that are confusing the hell out of me. Can anyone help please?

1) Are all virgin lines N Line?
2) How does it work with having a virgin setup and sky setup on the box i.e how do you switch between the 2? Or is there no switching at all?
3) Possibly a dumb question but can I set it up with a virgin line and virgin cable input but use a sky skin (can't stand the virgin skin!)
4) Given that the box only has 1 cable input does that mean I can't record 1 program and watch another at the same time unless I have sky setup too?
5) Is it possible to setup with just a virgin line

Thanks in advance.

1) Not always, but the vast majority are
2) No switching. just choose the channel you want to watch.
3) You can use whatever skin you fancy!
4) Yes, to watch and record you'll need to connect to a sat dish OR buy a USB cable tuner which is compatible.
5) You need an active cable feed into your house, an internet connection and a VM gift/line. An active cable feed is one that is still connected at the cabinet - if you don't take ANY VM services you may get disconnected at the cab - but it is rare for them to do so.

1) Not always, but the vast majority are
2) No switching. just choose the channel you want to watch.
3) You can use whatever skin you fancy!
4) Yes, to watch and record you'll need to connect to a sat dish OR buy a USB cable tuner which is compatible.
5) You need an active cable feed into your house, an internet connection and a VM gift/line. An active cable feed is one that is still connected at the cabinet - if you don't take ANY VM services you may get disconnected at the cab - but it is rare for them to do so.

Thanks buddy, regarding point 3 can I use the sky skin and channel numbers but with a virgin line, no sky whatsoever?
Any recommends on which USB cable tuner and are they easy to setup?
In an ideal world I would like to get a virgin gift, with sky skin overlay including channel numbers is this possible?

Thanks again and apologies for noob questions

Thanks for the clarification guys, anyone had experience of using a USB tuner for a 2nd line or is there little point?

Yep, you can use whatever skin you fancy regardless of how you're getting your channels. You can use a Virgin skin, a sky skin or a Hello Kitty skin if you fancy. Regarding the channel numbers it's possible to swap them round so you don't have to use Virgin numbering - I don't use it though so I don't know how it's done.

I think there's only one USB cable tuner which will work reliably with these boxes and thats the Vu+ USB DVB-C tuner. It's not cheap (at around £50) but it will let you watch one channel and record another if all you have is cable to your house and no satellite dish. Some lines let you use two tuners on the same line - but you'll have to ask your line supplier if they do this - otherwise you'll need a second line. If you don't want to watch one channel and record another then there's no point in the 2nd tuner.

Yep, you can use whatever skin you fancy regardless of how you're getting your channels. You can use a Virgin skin, a sky skin or a Hello Kitty skin if you fancy. Regarding the channel numbers it's possible to swap them round so you don't have to use Virgin numbering - I don't use it though so I don't know how it's done.

I think there's only one USB cable tuner which will work reliably with these boxes and thats the Vu+ USB DVB-C tuner. It's not cheap (at around £50) but it will let you watch one channel and record another if all you have is cable to your house and no satellite dish. Some lines let you use two tuners on the same line - but you'll have to ask your line supplier if they do this - otherwise you'll need a second line. If you don't want to watch one channel and record another then there's no point in the 2nd tuner.

Thanks buddy really appreciate your help. Not sure about the hello kitty skin though lol.

Think I'll give the USB tuner a miss for now.

What I'm trying to achieve is that the Mrs can watch sky (she don't care about HD) in 1 room and I can watch virgin in the other through Kodi. From everything I've read so far this sounds possible.

Thanks again

Back