setting up a swap file

cactikid

VIP Member
1/ You need a usb memory flash drive and set up a mount and initialise so its then formatted to the correct file type (ext3/ext4).

2/ Create a swap file, this can be done via the blue button, Vix, Swap Manager and the blue button to create. Go for the 256mb option if it lets you and make sure you select your newly formatted usb to create the swap file onto. When this is done correctly activate it by pressing the green button. When done correctly a greem tick should appear where it says enable swap at startup.

3/ Setup a power timer, this can be done via menu, Timers, PowerTimers, press the green button to add a scheduled PowerTimer. I would do this to conincide with an epg and ABM scan if you have this setup? So setup a power timer like this;

Timer type- Wakeup
Repeats- Daily
Starting on- (leave as stated
Start time- e.g. 3:00am
Set end time- Yes
End time- e.g. 3:30am
After event- go to standby
Green button to save and exit
N.B. This is so that lets say your box wakes up at 3:00am, Your ABM scans at 3:10am, CrossEPG then scans at 3:20am and then your box goes to sleep at 3:30am.

with many thanks to andy hazza.

i use a micro usb8 gb small and petitemicro usb.JPG

think i read posts it would encounter problems after a few hours running if on fat 32,so when initialized and changed to ext3/4 would change it?

Back