Setting up H3.2TC box onto VM

amz84uk

Hi. I’ve had a SLYBOX previously but as the channels are offline, I’ve decided to move to a Zgemma box with VM as the primary socket.

I purchased a Zgemma H3.2TC box and plugged it into the VM line (not got SLY connected), and installed WooshBuild OpenATV 6, as per the instructions online.

I have a few questions (sorry, I’m a complete novice with this);

- I have the SLY theme with all the channels listed on EPG, but no channels are working. Is this normal, as I’d expect the FTA to work?

- I have bought a N line but how do I install this for the VM channels?

- Do I need to connect the SLY cable too? I want VM to be the primary source for all the channels.

I’d really appreciate if someone can help me with a dummies guide to this please, as I’m a complete novice at this.

forget about the sly cable, make sure the vm cable is in the correct socket at the back via an F type connector

To get the n line in you need ftp programme like filezilla

Yes it's in the correct socket at the back and had bought the F type connector for this on fleabag too. Whenever I do a Scan on the VM channels, over 500 do appear on the list (just done it again now and 532 channels picked up).

Shouldn't the FTA channels be displayed though?

How do I install the line via FTP FileZilla?

You can connect the satellite cable if you wish to to make use of that tuner - then you'll always have a good selection of alternate channels should your VM ever go down at any point.

The S*y look "skin" is just that - it doesn't mean that it's for S*y only. With VM though, if you've set it up right, you should have the SD channels of 1-5 showing before adding a line (These are the only FTA channels on cable).

Feel free to use my H2.H guide in my sig below to help you get set up - it's not too dissimilar to the H3.2TC setup :)

Yes it's in the correct socket at the back and had bought the F type connector for this on fleabag too. Whenever I do a Scan on the VM channels, over 500 do appear on the list (just done it again now and 532 channels picked up).

Shouldn't the FTA channels be displayed though?

How do I install the line via FTP FileZilla?

ok, this may look complicated but it's actually dead easy...

do one thing at a time before going onto the next

1) you'll need filezilla, download it from: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

2) next you'll need the zgemma's ip address, so on remote, press menu>information> network, write ip addy down

3) open filezilla and type in the zgemma ip address in 'host'

4) type root in username and click 'quick connect'

you'll see zgemmas folders open on right hand side

5)ok, on the right hand side, scroll down until you see a folder called usr
double click it to open it

6) find a folder called keys, double click to open it.

This is where your newcamd.list or CCcam.cfg files will go, these files contain your line details.
newcamd.list will contain any lines that start CWS and Cccam.cfg contains lines that start C or N

Or if you want to add the line the easy way over your computer network without using ftp, you can watch the video tutorial found in my H2.H guide but if you don't have a computer, you can use the gentlemans method above via the app :)

Thanks for your help guys!

Channels 1-5 SD have cleared. I added my N Line onto the box via FileZilla creating a CCcam.cfg file with the N line details on there, and I have also put the equivalent CWS = line on the newcamd.list file

Strangely the channels cleared for 5 minutes, but they seem to have stopped working again. I'm baffled by this.

On the Softcam Panel v2.0 Set up: I have the following shown;

Select Cam 1: CCcam 2.3.0
Select Cam 2: mgcamd_1.38r1
active CAM 1: CCcam 2.3.0 active CAM 2: mgcamd_1.38ra
No ECM info

Any idea what I'm doing wrong please?

why you got two cams active? change cam 1 to mgcam and change cam2 to no cam, then restart cams

why you got two cams active? change cam 1 to mgcam and change cam2 to no cam, then restart cams
Thanks - I've changed it but no luck clearing the channels.

Select Cam 1: mgcamd1_1.38r1
Select Cam 2: no cam
active CAM1: mgcamd_1.38r1 no CAM 2 active

Should I have both CCam.cfg and newcamd.list files on the /usr/keys/ folder, or should there just be one?

The strange thing is that all the channels began to work fine, and then whilst I tried going through to Sports and then back onto Movies, it stopped working.

Check your putting the line in newcamd.list correctly so

server user port pass
CWS =TK.org amz84uk 19000 264gt 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

The strange thing is that all the channels began to work fine, and then whilst I tried going through to Sports and then back onto Movies, it stopped working.

You didn't say that earlier
Line maybe down contact provider are you still getting a network?

You didn't say that earlier
Line maybe down contact provider are you still getting a network?

Hi dsayers2014 - sorry for not being clear but I had written "Strangely the channels cleared for 5 minutes, but they seem to have stopped working again. I'm baffled by this." Sorry!

Yes, I've made sure that the newcamd.list file is in the correct format, and I've now deleted the CCcam.cfg file, but still no luck. I don't have a VM internet, but only have the line coming into the house which works fine. Is there a way to isolate where the fault is? I'm confident that the line is working fine and active, but think something not configured correctly on the box. Contemplating whether to start again from scratch!

You could ask for a test in the cable server request thread to rule out server issues or maybe if you know anyone else with an enigma2 box to test the line.

Run a network test menu, setup, system, network, network test

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

check netid in tuner config, it should be netid for your area

make sure you have mgcamd1.38 running if using newcamd.list

restart box, after restarting box, restart softcam in softcam panel

If the line come as N: then it may only be configured for CCcam ... just put the N: line details back in a CCcam file in the keys folder and enable CCcam for Cam1 and leave Cam2 empty then restart cam via green button.

If the line come as N: then it may only be configured for CCcam ... just put the N: line details back in a CCcam file in the keys folder and enable CCcam for Cam1 and leave Cam2 empty then restart cam via green button.

That did the trick - it works a treat!

Folks - thank you SO much for your help throughout today! I've got the channels up and running (again!) Hope they don't disappear like they did earlier!

I could buy you all a drink!!! THANK YOU!

Hi folks, unfortunately the box stopped working this evening at 6pm without changing any of the settings.

I have restarted it and contacted the person who I purchased the line from, assuming that it's a problem with the line, and they gave me a new CWS line to try. I have put that in via FileZilla into the newcamd.list file and also have the mg_cfg file within the /usr/keys/ folder.

The box is connected onto the network successfully (checked this via a Network Test).

On the Softcam Panel, I have the following displayed;
Select Cam 1: mgcamd_1.38r1
Select Cam 2: no cam
active CAM 1: mgcamd_1.38ra no CAM 2 active

This is frustrating as I had it all working perfectly, and now it's stopped all of a sudden. Any idea what could be the problem please?

In the post you made above this, where you'd got it working, you were using a N line in Cccam.cfg and using cccam softcam, why have you changed everything again?

Back