Setting up new Zgemma box with vm

Hi folks. I don't have any previous experience setting anything prior to now but I'm a quick learner ;) my new Zgemma H2 will arrive hopefully tomorrow and I'm kean to get going with it. I am due to get vm broadband and phone only installed on Thursday. My question is, will it be possible for me to use my Zgemma as a cable receiver even though I have no tv package with vm? And if so, do I need to invest in anything like extra cables etc. On a side note, I also have a satellite dish installed from a previous occupant of my house. So I have that as a backup :)

Yes it will be possible to use your new zgemma box with your broadband, you will need a two way cable splitter and a few plugs, and of course a length of cable.

You will also need to purchase a Line (also called Gift ) You need a line for cable and a different line for Sat if in use

Cheers lads,that's brilliant. I ordered a 2 way cable splitter with cables and connectors for just over a fiver ;) I sourced a n-line server for cable. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website so will leave that one but seems good from all the feedback. Very much looking forward to having it all setup. Going to use one of the preset images to make life easy on myself first time around :)

Last edited:
Hi
I am a newbie .Would like to say hello to every member.Got a zgemma h2 installed it with open vix .can see all the channel bought gift cannot install it nor mg cam.
any help will be appreciated.thanks in advance

Hi all. i know this is an old post. but as i wanted to confirm something when setting up a Zgemma H2 box with vm. The cable splitter. when using this do i split the cable feed to go to both the Zgemma and Tivo box? I ask as i'm setting it up for someone else who has vm tivo box in his room.
cheers

There will be a VM feed leading into the bottom of the VM box on the wall, add a cable from the top into the in of the splitter. Then add you TiVo cable to out abd your ZGemma to out. That's how mines is !

cheers. that makes sense garyth. basically the tivo box is still connected along with the added zgemma box. that would explain a few things to me actually on how you can do it without vm kicking up a fuss regarding not being able to detect their own box.
There will be a VM feed leading into the bottom of the VM box on the wall, add a cable from the top into the in of the splitter. Then add you TiVo cable to out abd your ZGemma to out. That's how mines is !

You don't need the TiVo at all, in fact you could probably just have a bband feed. I'm not aware of anyone nowadays when they cancel their VM there feed has went down. Most if not all will still stay live!

ahh, i c. sorry for asking the questions. i've set a few of these zgemma boxes (sat version) up for family and friends and now someone else from work who has vm wants in on the action lol. man in demand. ok, i get what your saying, i think. if you dont need the tivo box, wouldn't it be easier to not use the splitter atol and just plug the cable that goes into the tivo box directly into the back of the zgemma instead.

ahh, i c. sorry for asking the questions. i've set a few of these zgemma boxes (sat version) up for family and friends and now someone else from work who has vm wants in on the action lol. man in demand. ok, i get what your saying, i think. if you dont need the tivo box, wouldn't it be easier to not use the splitter atol and just plug the cable that goes into the tivo box directly into the back of the zgemma instead.

Thats cool, what I'm saying is you don't necessarily need a sub as such. The VM feed coming into his house provides both bband and tv viewing. So you could have any bband provider you wish really, then just split off for boxes. So you would need the splitter if using VM bband
Some say it's better to have a minimum sub, but the basic bundles nowadays with VM are not worth it

cool. i'll tell him to ditch the tivo box going into his bedroom as its an extra box he pays for each month. he can then use the old tivo connection for his zgemma. for internet i've advised him to get a homeplug adapter so he has a stable broadband connection :) he has vm broadband thats setup downstairs.

cool. i'll tell him to ditch the tivo box going into his bedroom as its an extra box he pays for each month. he can then use the old tivo connection for his zgemma. for internet i've advised him to get a homeplug adapter so he has a stable broadband connection :) he has vm broadband thats setup downstairs.

sounds good fella!

Back