Setting up Skybox F5?

yes, you need a C or N line,

Post a request for a line here

You will need a server who supplies the line for a subscription. 1,3, 6 months at a time.

Post 10 in the tutorial linked above tells you how to enter it into your box.

click on the green word "here" in my previous post and post a
request in that thread, somebody will send you a PM

Hi, I've just orderd a skybox f5 and am still confused at how it works. So far i've ordered a satellite dish, some cable and satellite finder. Is it as simple as just that and once thats done i need to buy a subscription or do I need $ky to be already installed and to use one of their cards for it to work?

set up your dish pointing at 28.2 east a satellite finder will not find this automatic you have to know where east is connect the box up
you may have to upload a chan list first put it on to bbc1 or a fta chan then move the dish to find the chan or read instruction with the sat finder
you dont need a card or sky sub but will need a line

thanks for reply, where can i find a line, the only place i know is ebay but ive read on here not to buy one off them?

Thanks, very helpful thread.

Do people buy a F5 for 50 and then look for a server or simply buy one with a gift included - whats the recommended path?

Thanks, very helpful thread.

Do people buy a F5 for 50 and then look for a server or simply buy one with a gift included - whats the recommended path?

I faced this dilema last week, and i took the plunge and bought one for £48, then found a seperate server. The ones being sold with a gift may be oversubbed so you'll get glitching on the channels etc. Best to learn stuff yourself and leanr where to find various servers instead of relying on the person who sold you the box

Same thought process as you. if you have any recommended servers, threads for me to read up on then feel free to PM me.

I have gone through the very informative F3 tutorial, the instructions seem straight forward. Just not clear about where and how to get the C or N line and how to whether its any good.

Back