Setting up wireless on Zgemma h.2h

chimps

Hi Guys, been reading an old thread discussing setting up wireless on a zgemma. There are drivers under menu/plugins/(green button)=download plugins.
Ive already received a ralink wireless usb adapter to connect (the one with an Ariel). Ive got the drivers from the downloads section as mentioned above. I have even deleted all other drivers using the (red button)=Remove plugins option.
Ive tried switching box off then restarting with no ethernet on and just the wireless usb adapter pluged in,

I go to Menu/setup/system/network/device setup and this is where i get stuck. I cant find any wireless setup options, (except for mounts setup option which i obviously havnt setup correctly or i would of had wifi working lol)

I have the H.2H box, with the latest sucmnsee image which is 'Zgemma star H2s Vix 3.2.036 sucmnsee full! Backup 20.02.2016'
Im stuck and dont know how to get the wireless side running.

Any suggestions / ideas pls?

under newtork setup i have the following options;
adapter settings
nameserver settings
network test
restart network
network wizard

nothing to do with setting up wireless

Found this on a site:

The following aims to show you in a easy to follow tutorial how to setup your ViX imaged receiver
for use with a Wifi stick. The tutorial was created for the ViX 3.xx series images and may not be
compatible with earlier images by the ViX image team.
Step 1.
Plug your WiFi dongle into one of the USB ports of your receiver and REBOOT (that’s FULL reboot
not just an Enigma reboot)
Step 2.
Navigate to menu/setup/system/network/device setup
Step 3.
Press the blue button (Network Wizard) Then press OK to continue.
Step 4.
Scroll to List available networks and press ok to proceed.
Step 5.
Choose your network (up/down the OK to select)
Step 6.
You should then see the screen below, press left or right the change “no” to “yes”
Step 7.
Scroll down and enter your encryption type. For me its WPA2, for you it might be something
different. You will need to consult your wifi router to find out which type you need (you will also
need your routers password/key).
Once you have entered your encryption type go down to enter your encryption key with the
buttons on your remote. When done press OK.
Step 8.
Press OK again (yes)
Step 8.
This is to disable the wired (LAN) connection. Press OK again (yes)
You will then wait a 20-30 seconds while it activates.
Step 9.
All done simply press OK to finalize and save your setup.

I dont know how to do a full reboot, so I have switched the box off, taken the power cable out for 5 seconds, and reconnected and started up, i have also gone to the menu and done a restart from there

under menu/system/network/device setup, (which says network setup on screen). Ive gone to the network wizard option (i cannot press blue button but scroll down instead) and i get a message along the lines of guide you through the basic network setup of your Zgemma H2.S.....Press OK to start configuring your network....i press OK...then it says please configure your internet connection by filling out values. when you are ready press OK to continue.....here i get Use interface - yes... OR Use DHCP - yes.
If i select any of the above two options, i get a message saying Your internet connection is not working! Please choose what you want to do next....Configure your network again / exit network wizard.
It just goes in a loop. nothing to do with selecting USB wifi network

If i go to menu/system/network/.....i get the following options
OpenWebif
Device setup
Mounts setup
AFP setup
FTP setup
Inadyn setup
MiniDLNA setup
NFS setup
OpenVPN setup
Samba setup
Telnet setup
uShare setup

Under Device setup......i get the following options;
Adapter settings
Nameserver settings
Network test
Restart network
Network wizard

under adapter settings, i get no option to add a usb device or anything like that

I have tried restart network, then restarted box from remote control, and gone into the network wizard menu again, but nothing seems to pickup the usb device

Yeah, Im gonna try some older vix images, and try and see if they work, because i paid about fiver for this usb wireless already. If they dont work, ill go for the realtek.

Wireless also isnt quite as good as powerline adapters. They really are much less hassle than wireless and less to go wrong later. But just imho

(from this thread, network wizard should be letting me setup the usb wireless)
under network wizard, it says i can configure internet connection, but it doesnt pick up the usb device that i have the drivers installed for. This means LAN is default, and it should have 'auto scanned' and picked it up the usb, so i can edit settings, but it doesnt autoscan and i cant proceed with usb setup

Before i buy another wireless usb device, have you guys got usb working with the latest images, or what images are you using ?

I just wanna make sure that my zgemma box picks up and recongnises a usb device and lets me sort out the connection settings.
at the moment, im going to network test, and theres only LAN option preselected.

hi guys.
i have set up all my wifi its all connected apart from NAMESERVER,, does anyone know why this is, or how i can fix this issue please

on open vix

its
Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
In adapater settings for wlan make sure user interface and use dhcp are both set at yes green to save.
Then scan network green to connect to you network then enter your wifi password and green to save.
Now do network test if connects rem to restart via remote menu standby restart so it saves network settings.

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ----------

you might still have restart cam via blue button then softcam manger for first start

I've done all that now everything on the wifi side of things is all on,
not all my channels are black even freeview, with 0% signal on everything

Back