setup newbee

Hi again received my box today but will be out till about 6-7 when I'm back if anyone is free and have time can u go through set up with me please as don't want to mess up.

Thanks in advance as I'll message here when back..

Read through the posts by Sucmnsee (VIX 165 image thread) and MTpockets (Open ATV 4.2) to get you up and running. They have both helpfully provied backup images of their setups to save you a lot of time and hassle doing one from scratch. If you have any specific issues after reading either of their posts then just shout on forum

unzip the download, copy the zgemma folder to the usb stick. Put stick in back of box, switch on at back using rear power button, when display shows USB press the power button on the front of the box - display should now display flash. Instructions for remainder are in the downloads section but yell if you get stuck.

If you're not getting this far try a different USB stick.

Ok its not flashing then.
Use hddguru pc program. Free. Open and go to format ur usb. Untick quick and format. Then do a windows format again untick quick.
Then copy the zgemma folder out of the rar u downloaded. Put it on usb. Box off and usb in back. Box on. Any change?
If not try different usbs

ok just formatting now

---------- Post Merged at 01:07 AM ----------

nope tried 4 different USB keys and just says boot then goes to numbers :bang head:

The box is switched off at the back before you insert the usb isn't it? and you are putting in the rear usb port aren't you??

The boot flag on your USB gets corrupted when it boots normally so you have to follow sucmnsees instructions for formatting - a normal windows format won't work as it's the boot flag and the MBR that gets corrupted.

Back