share/extend my nline

dinje

I have bought another box, (being delivered tomorrow) an Edison os mini, running vix image. It will go in the bedroom.

I want to share/extend my nline - vm nline from my duo 2, to this box. I have copied the mg_cfg and newcamd.list file from my existing box ready to copy over.

Do I need to add any text to these files to enable the share?
If so -
Do I add It to the files on the existing box or just the new box files?

Thanks

No, they are your lines, nothing else necessary, don't delete them from the original box in case for some weird reason they are corrupt files.(shouldn't be, but it's just the pessimist in me lol)

if you pay for your gift

there supplier might not allow 2 connection

i would ask him as he might block the gift full stop

Thanks for fast replies guys, yes I can have 2 lines.

on another note, I was going to use a coaxial Ariel that is already installed from the living room to the bedroom, and plug that into the new bedroom box Tuner DVB-T2/C (connections look same as coaxial connections) on the new box, from the incoming vm line which I will put a 3 way splitter, and that will join them all together, hopefully this will work, rather than install a whole new satellite cable running through the house.

Thanks

install remote stream converter (its in the plugins) to bedroom box it will use a tuner up on the duo2 when bedroom box is in use but saves trailing a cable from 1 box to the other

there comes a time when box is recording 2 programs and bedroom box blank,how old is the coaxial would be my next issue.

Back